Okay...I have had enough of this upgrade BS...

GoddRighteousOward

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I just don't play anymore. maybe ni the future I'll get back into it but the scumbaggery of these mods has just made it hard to enjoy the game, I'm tired of doing modlists every few months these modlists take so much effort to get working right, let alone the people who are making these mods

The World of Modding - for mod users..... From lessons learned like this years ago.

1) Install the game - run it if necessary to generate config files and do basic configuration.

2) Install any other utilities - i.e. Creation Kit, SKSE, etc.

3) Install your mod manager

4) Download, install and configure your mods

When you get all of that working the way you want......

5) Back ALL that $4!t up - all of it. Storage is dirt cheap, put it on a NAS or another drive.

Periodically update as needed when you add/remove mods. Then back ALL that $4!t up again.....

Note: All you need is simple SATA 3 drives - it doesn't need to be fast, just have the volume to hold your backups.

Done.

Won't help your current situation, but will help all future situations....

Edited by fraquar

4) Download, install and configure your mods

When you get all of that working the way you want......

What makes Bethesda games special is the fact that they're always in motion. I can come back to any game since Morrowind once a year, each time finding a plethora of mods that hadn't been around the last time I checked. That's the beauty of it. To me, there simply isn't this moment when I feel like my load order is 'finished'. Tbh, I can't even finish a single playthrough due to the fact that I keep installing new mods that conflict with something else all the time.