Bruma News

Gorgopis

FWIW, and FYI, it's an ongoing effort. When I first downloaded Beyond Skyrim Bruma, it was far less "populated" in those regions than it is today. I've updated twice, perhaps three times since, and each new iteration has offered more buildings (albeit often just LOD), sometimes with completed structures (externally), but usually broken in one way or another, from being a simple shell to being complete except having not useable doorways, as well las improved flora, although fauna hasn't ben extended except for the errant fox, who strays onto the periphery.

The nice thing about the most or more recent version(s) (I think there's a new one I haven't downloaded yet), is that you can wander almost from the eastern most boundaries to the west most. There were tighter restrictions in where you could get to in the past, (replete with unjumpable dividing lines of "chaos chasms" requiring TCL to get to the land on the other side), as well as an almost certain CTD at some point while wandering around. Much of that seems to have been remedied. It also appears possible that some of the new additions aren't complete in the Bruma release itself, because they're managed and expanded by the Skyrim AE release, but on that I'm not sure, just guessing. (ex: at least two Aeylid ruins that aren't accessible in 1.5.97 + the Bruma addon)

yes, sometimes trees are just simple 2-D place holders, and yes, sometimes you see a town in the distance that when you get close, resolves into little more than empty topography, and a couple of half built statuaries or buildings, or a building can't be entered, but it's still a treat for the "wanderer"

The only thing I really miss about a couple of those previous iterations was a vast grove of giant oaks (IRL terms, about 15-20 ft thick trunks) that seems to have been pulled from the latest version. either that Or I've just misplaced where it was located and haven't wandered into it yet.

Thanks, ever.

At the invisible walls, we used console tcl plus toggled the tfc, flying camera, to bypass the invisible walls and explore the graphics.

Kind of a big empty region with intended architecture. Would love to see it populated with "ghost" NPC.s'.

. . . . good for players who enjoy traversing the hinterlands? By being a kind of 1st-person floating eye?

Edited by Gorgopis

just download "Skyrim borders disabled" and you can go anywhere you want. i use it and went all the way across the entire southern added area for bruma no need for console commands everytime. just over complicating things is all that does.

also theres a path that leads all the way across as well.

also theres no need to do any INI adjustments.