Editing the dartgun mesh

CharlieChainsaw

I am searching for someone who can exchange the dart in the dartgun mesh with a railwayspike so that the railwayspike is used in the shooting and in the reload animation.

i hope that is possible and not to difficult to do.

this mesh would be the first step towards an crossbow that fires railwayspikes as quarrels

thanks for your help

Just open the dartgun and railspike nifs using nifskope, and then replace the dart mesh with a railspike.

To do this, you'll need to click on the railspike, which should highlight something called nitristrips or nitrishapes. Click that to reveal its subcategories, and right-click nitristripsdata or something along those lines. Go to block, and then select copy.

Now go to the dartgun.nif and select the dart, again going to nitristrips and then nitristripsdata and rightclick to the block menu. This time instead of selecting copy, select paste over. This will change the mesh of the dart to one of a spike, but it the location may have reset to the origin. you may need to translate it over to where it needs to be, and resizing might need to happen for it to fit properly.

Oh yeah, doing this will not change the default texture, so the geck will try to texture the spike with the dartgun.dds. I believe you can copy/pasteover the diffusemap of the spike onto the dart, just like with the meshes. This can also be done in the geck in the weapons tab.

So yeah, there you go. I actually wanted to make a crossbow a while ago, too. All I did was add a resized Bow from Oblivion to the front of the dartgun and retex it a wooden color, so it's quite mediocre, but hey, what are you going to do?

wow thanks for your help!

now i understand better how to work with nifscope.

last week i watched the second mad max movie and i thought i realy need a kind of selfmade crossbow in fallout. i like the modell of the dartgun because of it diy look and in my opinion it fits the atmosphere of a postapocalytic world.

i dont plan on changing more and turn it into a "real" crossbow because i have no experience in 3d moddeling. i made this weapon only for myself.

i saw the crossbow you made yourself and i like the idea of your work. too bad it uses oblivion meshes so you cant share it.

Archived