Settlement attacks

Nylonathathep

Okay this has gotten too infuriating.

I'm experiencing one settlement attack every single day, sometimes two at once. And the settlements always lose, no matter I have 400000 defence (yeah, from time to time they win, but it's mostly an anecdote)

This is ruining the fun quite a lot. I'm currently in far harvor and it's constant attacks and constant defeats in the commonwealth settlements. A bit of a slap in the face every 10 minutes. Yeah, some people may like roleplaying this and whatnot, but to me it pretty much kills the fun of the damn settlements, because it feels like a bit of a middle finger to your efforts and increases that feeling that everyone in this world is a useless piece of crap to the asolute max, so even if you roleplay... it's godawful trash.

Am I supposed to run to the commonwealth every 10 minutes? Or perhaps make a MASSIVE time consuming repair run through a billion settlements when I get back? Not to mention that then the attacks will still happen in the island! This cripples the game experience real bad.

I tried a few mods but they do not seem to work in VR. I'm also surprised that the damn attack system was built to be so difficult to disable even by modders.

Any solutions you guys have for VR?

Yeah, I could have gotten straight to the question but I needed to rant, even if it doesn't provide info you didn't know about. I even managed to pretend that spectacle island wasn't completely broken, but this is like having an asshole sticking a finger in your eye constantly while doing the Butthead laugh.

The base game attacks are super simple to disable, its a single variable property on each workshop's script the console command looks like [ WorkshopRef.SetPV AllowAttacks False ]

My Workshop Ownership Utilities will do that for you if it still loads in VR (dunno if it does, may need the ESP file header modified from 1.0 to 0.95 with xEdit).

The base game attacks are super simple to disable, its a single variable property on each workshop's script the console command looks like [ WorkshopRef.SetPV AllowAttacks False ]

My Workshop Ownership Utilities will do that for you if it still loads in VR (dunno if it does, may need the ESP file header modified from 1.0 to 0.95 with xEdit).

Curious. Most mods I've seen that touch it either require stuff that is not stable on VR, require a new game, or are part of enormous mods with billions of features that would turn my game into a Dalí painting if I tried to install them mid playthrough, which led me to believe that modders had to tinker with convoluted stuff in order to disable them. I let it go and just took the attacks. In the beginning it was like once a week, but it's gotten too ridiculous.

I'll try yours, I've done the 0.95 before with other mods with no problems, the main problem with mods on vr is when they require unsupported F4SE versions and stuff like that...

Thank you very much for your help!

98% of SKK mods do not use F4SE to ensure Xbox compatibiltiy, so good for VR as well.

Let me know if it still works on VR so I can update the description.

It seems to work like a charm by just doing the version thinguie.

I got the holotape and all that and had no more attacks since I disabled them with it... for now at least!

Thanks again for your mod and your answer!