Skyrim Se freezing during "getting hit" animation / state

PilliVanilli

Hello folks,

I am haveing trouble with a nasty bug in my Skyrim SE for quite a while now and I read through every Reddit post and Mod Bugtracker I found to find the culprit for my problem, but nothing helped.

So I try to share my problem here, maybe someone of you folks have an idea.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

Every once in a while, my Skyrim SE freezes during combat (music and sounds running, video completely frozen). I tracked it down to it happening when I get hit. I think it appears more often when I get hit with a magical effect.

Any other thing in combat won't trigger the freeze - me hitting others, others getting hit from others.. doesn't matter. It only applies to my character getting hit. It also can freeze when my character gets a friendly fire hit ( e.g. that healing ball spell from Beyond Reach - It froze once when I got hit by that thing)

I don't have Frostfall installed (anymore) since a lot of posts where about this and Wet&Cold causing this. I still have Wet&Cold but tried deactivating it, which didnt help.

I think it started after I installed this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/53050 .. tho noone else reported a bug like that with this mod.

Some say Papyruslogs are useless, but in that special case I guess they might help since most freezes are related to Papyrus VM stopping to work. After my latest crash, papyruslog showed a stacked / frozen VM with the smooth camera function from AIMFIX lite (???)

Also, I noticed that somewhat every time the freeze happens, something about a stagger function (most probably from Action Combat, Hardcore stagger mode, where every hit staggers) is written a lot. (Can post the exact lines here next time it happens, if it helps)

Attached my modlist, but I looked through every single mod, there is nothing alike reported as bug on any of them.

Oh, and maybe also to notice: I have the same problem in Skyrim VR, BUT; Skyrim VR is for some reason able to "unfreeze" itself after like 1-2 minutes .. Skyrim SE unfortunally can't

Big thanks in advance to anyone contributing :)