Fast Travel - Crashes in everything but Vanilla - SKSE or other reason?

9raxus

For the TL;DR crowd - Ever since having Skyrim update, I crash whenever I fast travel except if I play the game completely plain (no mod organizer [and, by extension, no mods] or SKSE, just straight from the Steam loader). Is anyone else having this problem?

I haven't played Skyrim for over a month and thought that it would be fun to perform some modding with it again. Opened Creation Kit, did some modding, wanted to test the mod. Went to play Skyrim and learned that my SKSE wasn't compatible with Skyrim anymore. Huh. Skyrim must have updated again. OK.

Go to Silverlock, download the latest SKSE version, install it and...

Oh. Two DLLs aren't compatible with this version of Skyrim. One of them, skee64.dll, is connected to Racemenu. I'm not concerned about that one (and have since learned that it's not on Nexus anyway for the time being) so I just disable it. The other, cbp.dll, is the physics thing and I replace that DLL.

Fine. Time to test my mod.

Hey! The game works! I'm not such a n00b after all! Let me just fast travel to where my mod is in the ga...

Oh. Crash-to-desktop. That's... unusual. Let me try that again.

Oh. It did it again. OK. Let me just get out of everything and get back into everything and try it agai...

And it crashed-to-desktop again when I tried to fast travel. Huh.

Well, let me run plain old Skyrim through my mod loader and see if it's SKSE...

Nope. Still crashing during fast travel.

OK, let me try just running it through Steam with no mod loader (and, by extension, no mods)... Hey! That worked... For some reason...

Has anyone else had this experience yet? Fallout 4 works flawlessly, so there's that. Any assistance or collaboration would be appreciated. Thank you.