FOMODs Hub Patch Mods and reinstalling them?

kcdrums79

Hello! I have a question regarding reinstalling mods that use a FOMOD and include patchs for other mods. Say i install a mod that that has patchs for other mods that i have yet to install. I dont click those patches during install since im not using those mods, but later on i DO add those particular mods to my LO. Can i safely REINSTALL the mod (KRyophers Patch Hub in this case) to reinstate the FOMOD so that it discovers those other mods that ive just recently added? Will the patch LO from whatever i had previously installed stay the same, besides just adding whatever is new? Sorry, i always feel like my questions are dumb, but someone always helps me out! Thanks in advance!!

Disclaimer first: It is generally not recommended to change your load order during a playthrough. This can cause problems, even if they might not be apparent immediately.

Especially removing mods can be dangerous. Adding new mods is far less problematic.

So much for the "proceed at your own risk" part...

That being said, you can probably do as you described: Re-run the FOMOD after installing your new mods and choose the necessary patches. Your load order will change a bit: You have the plugins from the new mods, that weren't there before. Also, LOOT (or Vortex' sorting function, which is based on LOOT) may arrange some things a little differently. Normally, this shouldn't cause issues though. In fact, load order matters most, when there are conflicts between mods or when patches need to be loaded after their masters (which LOOT will do automatically). It doesn't really matter, if standalone armor mod A is loaded before follower B or the other way round. So, I wouldn't worry too much about your load order.

I'd recommend to do some testing after installing the new mods and their patches. If everything seems okay then, you can probably continue playing with your save.

Thanks! I know that removing mods mid game is a big problem, but i wasnt sure if removing the mod then reinstalling it before relaunching the game was a problem (mid play through). I just assumed SSE recognized that the plugin was there, not knowing the wiser that it had been removed and re-added. i *didnt* know changing LO was a problem mid save. Im in the stage of wanting to add more and more until i have a stable and pretty fleshed out game, and restarting the game isnt such an issue since alot of my plays right now are testing mods to make sure they work, texture mods FPS tests, etc etc. So, thanks for the advice!!

side ?: Will problems with LO changes show up on resave (fallrim) if i look to clean my saves? I do that periodically just in case, and discover no issues, since i generally dont remove mods midplay through.

THANKS!

Afaik, if you are using Vortex as your mod manager, and you choose to overwrite the previous mod instantiation (ie re-install atop the same version and choose to overwrite), vortex will assign its content to the same load value

\

(that is, right click mod, chose re-install, then choose overwrite, not the "separate version").

That's what I do when I want to change the Fomod choices. (for instance, I just did some playing with FSMP, since I just updated from HDT-SMP last week and there are several options for handling processing. (btw, I fell back to the default. Had increased CTDs and odd lag increases with the AVX and CUDA boosted versions... added about 7-8 millseconds to my quiescent lag... with the alternate algorithms)

It may work the same way for the "version" style of reinstallation, but I cant say with certainty.