A good trader/merchant mod

grail666

Hi there,

This is my first official post for Fallout 3. I'm a huge fan of the series and my sister's first husband was the lead concept artist on Fallout Tactics, which was really cool. I also play Oblivion which is unbelievably modded, which brings me to the reason I am posting.

I am looking for a trader/merchant mod that is basically one single character in a small building or just walking around Megaton or something, that has everything I am looking for and a huge caps level. I'm tired of hunting for .308 rounds and never finding any, because the traders are depleted for the next few days.

If any one knows of a mod like this, is willing to make one or is willing to explain a little about how I can make one with G.E.C.K, I would be indebted to them.

Also, the Infiltrator and the other variant that starts with a P....(Penetration? no pun intended), the ones you get in the Pitt, what does one use to repair? Or do you have no choice but to go to a trader/merchant? I tried using G.E.C.K to figure it out but I can't seem to find the file.

Thanks a lot,

Grail666 :)

I'm no expert at the GECK either, but I do know that you have to load both Fallout3.esm and thepitt.esm too get the info on the perforator which is repairable with regular assault rifles

Thanks for that. :)

To change what a trader carries around you have to edit their leveled list. Go to Items > Leveled Item. Say you want one of the caravans to carry a LOT of ammo. Then you would open their list. eg VendorCaravanWeaponsBasic01List. In here you will see another lot of lists. Each of these lists is a list of weapons and things that the vendor will carry. Now to increase their caps, simply change the 'count' number of VendorChestCapsMedium. To increase the number of items they carry simply change that 'count' number. If you want them to carry something new, simply right click anywhere among the lists and click new. Click on your new item and then click Object and change it to what you want. eg Ammo308Caliber75. Then increase the number to something high. The 75 means a 75% chance of one of those. So if the number was 100 you have a 75% chance of 100 being there. If you want to test just click 'Preview Calculated Result'. Click it a few times to get an idea of possible combinations the vendor will have. When your done, simply click OK, save your new plugin, and enable it. Then wait about 3-4 days away from any NPCs and then talk to that caravan and see your changes.

To change what a trader carries around you have to edit their leveled list. Go to Items > Leveled Item. Say you want one of the caravans to carry a LOT of ammo. Then you would open their list. eg VendorCaravanWeaponsBasic01List. In here you will see another lot of lists. Each of these lists is a list of weapons and things that the vendor will carry. Now to increase their caps, simply change the 'count' number of VendorChestCapsMedium. To increase the number of items they carry simply change that 'count' number. If you want them to carry something new, simply right click anywhere among the lists and click new. Click on your new item and then click Object and change it to what you want. eg Ammo308Caliber75. Then increase the number to something high. The 75 means a 75% chance of one of those. So if the number was 100 you have a 75% chance of 100 being there. If you want to test just click 'Preview Calculated Result'. Click it a few times to get an idea of possible combinations the vendor will have. When your done, simply click OK, save your new plugin, and enable it. Then wait about 3-4 days away from any NPCs and then talk to that caravan and see your changes.

Thank you very much. This will help a lot. :D

Archived