Counter-Strike: Source

Dark0ne

Counter-Strike Source is an FPS which pits Terrorists against Counter-terrorists in a multiplayer arena. CS: Source is an upgraded version of the original Counter-Strike, containing the same gameplay principles but benefiting from a completely new game engine which lends its name to the title - Source (the Havok-based technology behind Half-Life 2). Amongst the new features are up-to-date graphics and a full physics model, as well as improved netcode.

• 2 months later...
Apart from somewhat hilariously blasting enemies several feet with shotguns, the only real use I've found for the physics is when trying to defend a bomb. Cover it with a crate or barrel than bathe the area is smoke grenades and nobody is going to find it any time soon.

It's pretty fun for mindless killing, and definitely a huge improvement over the original. Though I would've liked it if they had fixed some of the balance issues from the old version. Most importantly, getting rid of the AWP bunny hoppers. There are few things more annoying than watching someone sprint and jump out around the corner with a 5ft, 20lb sniper rifle then put a bullet through my head with flawless accuracy the moment their feet touch the ground.

i played it about a month ago, i wasnt too happy with it, there was no real competition, but then again, every time i go to a LAN (or a public one, like n2c) i end up winning, and mind you, n2c is loved by the japanese, and their good at cs.

but i knew i should not bother with CS:S when i hit 30-1 on italy....looks great though...

The major problem I have with it is that every single match I've played one team always completely wipes the floor with the other in about 5 minutes.

I'm also of the ilke who prefers to soak up a couple of bullets before becoming a bloody corpse.