Return to Shady Sands

BadPenney

I'm having some of the same problems. Lars doesn't always greet the player right away, Summer hasn't come out of her house over a 2 game day period, Random Spawns inside the town, Bebe didn't run to her house after handing her the note, she just stands there and eventually goes back to gardening.

To be fair though a lot of times I either come in from the side or teleport in without hitting the marker on the road.

Aside from those its a really great mod, GenericBook08 (the one in the outhouse) threw me off. When I first saw it I had an option to take it but it didn't have a name and when I tried to take it nothing happened. I went into GECK and gave it the name "OutHouse Book" and after that it was fine, saw you had it as something like 001johnbook but I couldn't find that in any of the book forms so I probably just changed every GenericBook08 in the game.

Where does the Caravan start for Yankee Trader? I still haven't seen it around. Should be either in Canterbury or right outside Shady Sands I think?

looking forward to completing the whole thing.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved all of the random creature spawns outside of the city limits, but I think if you get too close to the area of Shady Sands before enabling the mod, then they have already spawned inside the walls.

The third main quest and the caravan are triggered to start 2 game days after you complete Deathclaw for Cody. When I am in a hurry, I just go to the Morbid Clinic and sleep for 2 days. I want people to wander away or something rather than get all the quests on an assembly line.

Did you ever find Razslo? I put some hints (i.e. vultures flying in the sky).

I had planned to have Beck go out to use the outhouse evry morning, and work the garden. He kept getting stuck for some reason, so I aborted that plan. He was supposed to read the book while taking care of unfinished business.

I have tried to make RTSS as stable as I can, but sometimes bizarre stuff happens. I am sure some of it is my scripting, but some has got to be caused by FO3 too. If you are running other mods as well, then I am not sure what might happen.

In some cases when nothing has seemed to work right, I have just restarted the whole mod. It seems that if things start going bad, they just multiply.

I may have recently caused a problem by moving the fast travel map marker out of the town center. I'll have to check that out. If so, I will upload a revised .esp. All the rest of the files should be okay.

Thanks! yeah never had a problem with Raszlo although his note can sometimes be partway under a random bush but thats just Fallout spawning the bush on it I think. Yep 2 game days after quest 2 I got the message for quest 3 and the caravan was by the gate waiting! Still no sign of Summer unfortunately.

If you do edit the Mod, I'd just take the book out. It can be confusing, especially after playing Puce Moose's mods and getting all paranoid about finding clues lol.

Thanks! yeah never had a problem with Raszlo although his note can sometimes be partway under a random bush but thats just Fallout spawning the bush on it I think. Yep 2 game days after quest 2 I got the message for quest 3 and the caravan was by the gate waiting! Still no sign of Summer unfortunately.

If you do edit the Mod, I'd just take the book out. It can be confusing, especially after playing Puce Moose's mods and getting all paranoid about finding clues lol.

That's odd, I never had a problem with Summer never showing up at the bar at all. She is non essential to the quests, other than her own mini-quest, though.

Might require a restart of the mod to get her moving.

The Radscorpion quest is easily broken because on my first try, i killed the Radscorpion Queen and i couldn't proceed with the quest because i haven't found the doctor's body yet at the time. And the two flesh tone bug still occurs(normal face with raider body) even though I've the 1.6 patch together with all the DLCs. Is it a load order problem? May i know which esm should load 1st? On the minor side, Sifu Huo refuses to teach me the "art" even though I've waited each morning for a few days and suddenly one morning when i tried again it works! And some of the NPCs are standing around aimlessly day and night. Summer never went to Mama's Bar so i couldn't initiate any dialogue with her. She just stands outside her cabin(same thing with the Huo family members standing on the farm) :unsure:

By the way, yours IS the best town mod I've seen. It bring so much life into the Fallout universe. Each NPC is just unique and seeing the Sifu training each morning is a wonderful touch. The voice acting is also pure quality although Summer sounds a little too seductive at times(watch your youtube vid since she never went to the bar on my game) It's one of the mods I've been waiting for all this time(and many others as well). Something that merge with the worldscape and yet better than most of the vanilla town. If some of this issues is solved, i can give this mod a 11/10. Superb effort! :thumbsup:

Stuck outside of khans hideout. The mod is pretty good, one of the best if not the best i have seen on content. The only problems i see are technical problems (if you dont follow the quests in the exact order it's scripted, you may end up glitch them, and could bring lots of problems (on vanilla this doesnt happend, if you do something related to that quest you enter the quest and you can continue from that point). The other problem i have is the fact that the town is build on wasteland and it cause lots of slowdown and stutter around the area.

After saving Tandi and getting back to town, once I speak to her father, I always get a ctd at the exact same spot. Its when he says something about water beeing clean. I checked the offset it tells me wenn I get the "Fallout 3 has encureged an error and needs to be shut down" Message. Its always the same offset and its Offset 00158688. I dunno if that helps.

Hi BadPenney, here's my initial bugreport.

I am currently running the game with patch 1.7 and all DLCs (Minus Mothership Zeta which is scheduled to be released today) but no other mods. It is a contunued game howver I had never been to the area where Shady Sands is located so the cells loaded for the very first time.

On reaching the town for the first time and running around to the entrance, I was greeted by Lars without any problems and entered the town. Once I began to move down towards the area with the garden my game froze completely though I am not convinced this mod was at fault.

After rebooting my comp I reloaded an autosave near the town and circled again towards the main gate. On this reload I noticed Jay Hawkins and Mama Thorton outside the gate, they were standing to the left of the road (With the town fence in front of me) next to one of the pillars beneath the broken monorail. Mama Thorton however turned after a few minutes and reentered the town. Jay Hawkins however never moved from his place, although I talked to him asking him how he was, he said fine and that's all I could say.

When I approached the main gate for the second time I noticed it wasn't red anymore but blue, as if I had permission to enter; which of course I didn't as I hadn't spoken to Lars yet. Lars however wasn't in front of the gate or anywhere in sight. I opened the gate and enetered the town, noticing Lars get up from a chair to the left and immediately he went hostile as did the rest of the town.

I reloaded again and tested several wait periods to see if Lars would come to the gate. He would get up and do a small patrol around the area but never came to the gate or started the conversation.

One time he was closeby, I entered the gate in sneak and talked to him before he got the chance to go hostile to see if I could get permission to enter the town that way. I noticed that there were several dialogue choices:

I could tell him Razlo had been killed by Radscorpions even though I never met Razlo, never had a quest about Razlo or never saw his body.

I could ask about the town

and a few other choices I can't remember

However I could not get the intro dialogue and as soon as I moved a few steps into town again everyone went hostile. I ran to the garden to see if it would freeze and it didn't so again I doubt this caused my earlier freeze.

Here is my initial suspicion: Since Jay and Mama spawned outside, the moment she entered she took away the intitial conversation because the gates aren't supposed to open before I talk to Lars. Since she opened them before I talked to Lars then it broke the initial dialogue allowing me into town.

So obvious stuff to check out:

Jay and Mama spawning outside (Or running outside for some reason before I reached the gate)

Lars' initial dialogue trouble

Razlo dialogue prematurely appearing in conversation

The bugs might have something to do with the bug of Lars' intro dialogue not occuring which might have to do with Mama and Jay spawning outside the gate (And maybe Mama entering the gate). Since I couldn't reach the gate before Mama went back inside I don't know if I would have gotten Lars' intro if I had approached before she entered town, but since she's not supposed to be out there to begin with it merits you looking into it.

I was unable to see if Summer was in the bar or what, nor was I able to confirm the crash after the quest to save Tandi, as I wasn't able to really enter the town and begin any quests due to the Lars bug. But it also is good if you check that out as well. As soon as I can continue to test I'll report further bugs,

Great job with the town!