Return to Shady Sands

BadPenney

Max is the most awesome NPC I've ever seen but the voice is a bit too Australianish. I know in his first Mad Max he had a bit of an accent, but this one sounds a bit exaggerated (no offense)

None taken. He sounds more like Crocodile Dundee than Max Rockatansky to my ears too. He likes the sauce a lot more than the original Max did as well.

Reel gives you +3 Charisma, but everything else is negative. Mostly the drinks were just an excuse to play with FX, though Old School will help a player hack Razslo's terminal if their Science skill is a bit too low.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a simple work around by loading up the ESP in the GECK and the player.additem command, to give me the NVgoggles and holodisk.

now I just gotta find a way to keep Tandi from dying :wallbash:

tried going in guns blazing and using the console to unlock the doors, didn't work

tried using the discarded raider armour to gain entry, didn't work either he said, "it'll cost you" didn't think he meant her life, thought he was refering to the Ransom thing...

so do I go in guns blazing (with the outer raiders) THEN try the raider uniform after he sicks the extra guards on me?

Stewarty should open the inner door if you give him some caps. Sometimes he is a sport and messes with you a little, but he shouldn't cause Tandi's death unless you mess with him back.

I reckoned that most gamers would try going in with guns blazing as their tried and true method. That is why she will die everytime you try that.

"Deception is the Art of War" ~ Sun Tze

most games it works, I was actually rather pleasently surprised that it was a bit more involved, finally got it to work, killed the raiders outside, contacted stewarty, he sicked more goons on me, killed them too, then put on the discarded raider uniform, he said it was "gonna cost me" so I was a bit worried, but when I entered it didn't say Tandi was murdered and I managed to thankfully do the rest of the quest.

oddly enough when I got the 1000 caps and rescued Tandi, Gizmo and his Cronies were none the wiser, unfortunetly now I can't go back in and kill them all, good thing I have a ton of saves (My fallout 3 Lurves to crash every 10-30 minutes...)

be interesting if you actually could get a relationship with Tandi and/or have her as a companion, one of the main reasons why she says that whole "I'm not that kind of girl mister" in Fallout 1 is, aside from not being someone who sleeps with just anyone even if that person is an exciting adventurer with max charisma who saved her life,

is because in Fallout 1 she had a boyfriend Seth, needless to say, RtSS doesn't exactly have that option.

problem is doing that would require alot of voice clips, and a rediculous ammount of work it would take finding the right ones from that voice actress (Cree Summer) in other works, now her character's battlecry in Project GeeKeR "Freeze Ratbag!" would be pretty perfect for Fallout 3

but finding the right dialogue otherwise would be difficult and probably too much work.

SPOILER

If you put on the discarded raider armor before going to the Khan's place then no one would attack you.

If you trick Gizmo by giving him Killian's dogtags, you can set Tandi free and she escapes. But if you don't run out as fast as she does then Gizmo should get word that Killian is not really dead and run to confront you, then attack you. There is always a chance that he will kill you very quickly, but if you kill him first then all the Khans will come after you and you can kill them all and Tandi will still be okay.

Tandi doesn't always tell you to bark off. There are two random responses.

I've uploaded a Version 1.3 plugin today which will hopefully resolve reported bugs without adding new ones. :blush:

UPDATE - Version 1.3 Notes

Primary fix is the removal of duplicated file components that prevented compatibility with Broken Steel. Suspect that this correction will aid in compatibility with many other mods as well.

Fixed Supermutant bug which prevented holotape quest item and night vision goggles from appearing.

Fixed Shishkabob schemetic bug.

Removed goodbye flag from a Max greeting.

Altered Master Huo miniquest slightly.

Altered Raven caravan route slightly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...