Windows Release Candidate, usable until March 2010

amelmastema

in case you have not heared

there is now a RC version of Windows 7 available from microsofts site for those who want to try it

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd353271.aspx

or

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

I have been using it for months playing oblivion now and I really like it. feels like a light vista. only prob with oblivion so far, which is probably specific to my machine configuration, you can't use HDR or Antialiasing. I run around 50 mods (or something, the dir is 15 gb! :P) inlcuding animation overhauls, ooo, unique landscapes, window lighting system, cobl etc etc etc.

Good luck :)

and P.S.

MAKE BACKUP!

Very good news i am a beta tester of 7 and i say its one of the best operating systems microsoft has come up with, everything i have thrown at it works 100%. All games that i have installed run perfect, even in beta it feels like a finished product, i wonder what fixes they have in store for this version :biggrin: .

running the 64bit version

aye, it's really likable. I neglected to mention that GTA4 and ETW runs fine on it, considering ETW's many bugs ;)

I am curious as to why they would offer a product that actually works, for free a year, when they have taken money for products that sucked in prior years. Maybe they want to compete with osx on slickness and stability, and top the icecream with cherry that has a flavour that lasts a year.

P.S.

I use karpesky antivirus which also happens to be in beta testing, it also works flawless. Free OS, free antivirus, legal :D

woops.. I think it used to be on this page but they removed it :/ on bottom of page is supposed to be table displaying different versions.

http://www.kaspersky.com/beta

I thought it was kinda odd they were offering beta still since mcafee and avg already had began charging for their W7 versions. guess mine will expire soon if that was the place I found it. It was a month or two ago, but I'm pretty sure it was on that link :(

I'm glad everyone else seems to be having such a love fest with Win 7. I've tried it. It's better than I anticipated. Having said that there are alot of issues with it so far. Let's see, Deamon Tools or Alcohol 120% don't work at all. If you work in the AV industry, you'll find that half of the AMX software doesn't work, a major deal breaker for me. I've had nothing but crashes trying to run FO3 w/ a good amount of mods, never had said issues with XP. And, to top it all off, the latest benchmarks show it's performance well behind that of XP and in some cases even slower than Vista, altho according to all reports, and my own experience it "feels" snappier. Call me crazy but I'm back to my old XP install. I see no tangible reason to "upgrade" to a slower OS that still has a fair amount of incompatibility issues. Now, when SP 1 or 2 comes out for it, they iron out the bugs, gain support compatibility wise and make it run FASTER than XP, I'm in. That's a whole lot more than I could say about Vista.

I see no tangible reason to "upgrade" to a slower OS that still has a fair amount of incompatibility issues. Now, when SP 1 or 2 comes out for it, ......

Or maybe when it comes out of beta? :wink:

Archived