40k Space Marine RACE

agispsi

I do believe that with all the new 40k stuff coming out almost daily, it would be fantastic if someone would make a Space Marine race, that has the proper size and proportions of a Space Marine. And in addition to then convert the space marine armor mod and scout armor mod to fit the new race.

I do not know if it is even possible to make a new race with body proportions that differ from a normal human. But if it is possible, this would be fantastic as the current SM armors look strange as they are not correctly proportioned to the true games workshop design. And if this were to be done, I believe it would be a major asset if and when a 40k total conversion mod is begun.

I will post a drawing I have been given which shows the proper proportions of a SM if someone replies that they can, and will, try to make this mod.

If it helps, SM proportions are very very similar to that of a Super Mutant, but smaller (yes space marine are kinda funky looking without their armor)

Anyway, ill be waiting for a reply from anyone who thinks they can do it, or anyone who can state definitively that it is not realistically possible. :thumbsup:

actually marines look very human without their armours on, very big and ripped (muscular) humans, but humans all the same. I think it would be pretty cool as well to have a SM race and/or faction.

ideas for a faction (if they would have implimented guilds this would have made it so much easier in game), anyways you would start out as a neophyte (scout) and of course after awhile you would be granted SM power armour, I'm personally thiking about altering cerebos008's SM armour stats more to the feel of what they should be. anyways I'm behind the idea!

actually marines look very human without their armours on, very big and ripped (muscular) humans, but humans all the same. I think it would be pretty cool as well to have a SM race and/or faction.

ideas for a faction (if they would have implimented guilds this would have made it so much easier in game), anyways you would start out as a neophyte (scout) and of course after awhile you would be granted SM power armour, I'm personally thiking about altering cerebos008's SM armour stats more to the feel of what they should be. anyways I'm behind the idea!

Well they look human, but really oddly proportioned humans. They have longer arms and much wider shoulders and such.

Youve got to realize how heavily modified they are from the humans they once were. Their very skeletal structure is modified.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll174/Agistunklas/TheWariorWithin-1.jpg

Nooo, Get Eldars! What good are Space Marines without weird clowns?

Still, this is a good idea. Maybe we can use the mesh of super mutants and just give them hair and smoothskin. Haha

Ya, a heavily humanized looking super mutant, pretty much just the same limb lengths and sizes, a slightly smaller head, and you would have the proportions of a space marine.

jsut thought that i would mention this, have any of you read the games workshop legal conditions?

"Modifications, Total Conversions, and Games

We want people to express their enjoyment of our games with as little interference from us as possible, as long as they behave reasonably with our IP and follow any reasonable requests that we may make. We are not inherently opposed to hobbyists creating games or mods using our IP, in fact we are flattered that people want to spend so much time creating games and mods in the GW universes.

If you want to make a game, TC or a mod using our IP you must adhere to the following (in addition to the general principles as outlined above):

Any game or mod must be a "total conversion." In other words, you must not use our intellectual property (logos, images, names etc.) in relation to the worlds, names, logos, or images of any other company. For example, you cannot place our Space Marines in a Disney total conversion using the Unreal engine, but you could make a TC solely using Space Marines with the Unreal engine. This is, of course, assuming that you have permission to use the Unreal engine.

Please bear in mind that we may require you to remove the game or mod from any public forum at any time so that we can comply with any licenses that we may have with computer game publishers/developers. Be aware that we may even have to insist that the mod be destroyed. Please take very careful note of this statement, as we would not want you to feel unfairly treated at a later date.

The game or mod must be strictly non-commercial - this includes any web site that the mod or game is hosted on. You also cannot pay a printing company to publilsh copies of it onto CD. It may also mean that you cannot get sponsorship.

It must be made clear on any readme files, splash/intro screens and accompanying material that the game or mod is unofficial and the origins of the intellectual property must be made obvious (e.g., your mod might say "Battletoes ­ a total conversion for XXXX (insert game name) using intellectual property owned by Games Workshop. Used without permission...etc." See the relevant disclaimer on the following page.).

The game or mod must not devalue any Games Workshop product in any way.

Any distribution (zipped or otherwise) of the whole, or any part, of the mod or game must be accompanied with the appropriate disclaimers and must also follow these guidelines.

The functionality, atmosphere, and parameters of any mod or game must be consistent with the relevant IP. "

I dont want to annoy people but making a 40K race would require a total conversion, which sucks :(

im not sure if all of these weapon and armour mods are following the GW rules, which could affect the modding community in a bad way

jsut thought that i would mention this, have any of you read the games workshop legal conditions?

"Modifications, Total Conversions, and Games

We want people to express their enjoyment of our games with as little interference from us as possible, as long as they behave reasonably with our IP and follow any reasonable requests that we may make. We are not inherently opposed to hobbyists creating games or mods using our IP, in fact we are flattered that people want to spend so much time creating games and mods in the GW universes.

If you want to make a game, TC or a mod using our IP you must adhere to the following (in addition to the general principles as outlined above):

Any game or mod must be a "total conversion." In other words, you must not use our intellectual property (logos, images, names etc.) in relation to the worlds, names, logos, or images of any other company. For example, you cannot place our Space Marines in a Disney total conversion using the Unreal engine, but you could make a TC solely using Space Marines with the Unreal engine. This is, of course, assuming that you have permission to use the Unreal engine.

Please bear in mind that we may require you to remove the game or mod from any public forum at any time so that we can comply with any licenses that we may have with computer game publishers/developers. Be aware that we may even have to insist that the mod be destroyed. Please take very careful note of this statement, as we would not want you to feel unfairly treated at a later date.

The game or mod must be strictly non-commercial - this includes any web site that the mod or game is hosted on. You also cannot pay a printing company to publilsh copies of it onto CD. It may also mean that you cannot get sponsorship.

It must be made clear on any readme files, splash/intro screens and accompanying material that the game or mod is unofficial and the origins of the intellectual property must be made obvious (e.g., your mod might say "Battletoes ­ a total conversion for XXXX (insert game name) using intellectual property owned by Games Workshop. Used without permission...etc." See the relevant disclaimer on the following page.).

The game or mod must not devalue any Games Workshop product in any way.

Any distribution (zipped or otherwise) of the whole, or any part, of the mod or game must be accompanied with the appropriate disclaimers and must also follow these guidelines.

The functionality, atmosphere, and parameters of any mod or game must be consistent with the relevant IP. "

I dont want to annoy people but making a 40K race would require a total conversion, which sucks :(

im not sure if all of these weapon and armour mods are following the GW rules, which could affect the modding community in a bad way

That's stereotypical legal garbage. Practically every asshat with an 'intellectual property copyright' has one of those written somewhere. Most just don't parade it around like Games Workshop do. That's part of the reason I wont allow myself to get into their little miniatures game. I don't support noisy lawyer bullshit like that.

Disregard it. They can have my modded-in Boltgun when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

These 40k mods have existed for, how long now? I've seen 40k partial conversions/addons for practically every game since the dawn of modding. I can't recall a single memorable scenario when anything has come of it, as far as legal prosecution.

I do believe that GW's true intent in having all those rules is so that if someone releases something that they do not like, they can then point at these rules and have it obliterated. I don't think they would truly care about the release of all these mods which serve only as advertisement, and to bring more people to the 40k dark side.

Archived