Can you switch between CBBE and UNP

Llyiu

So basically say I have CBBE (and CBBE 3BA, SMP etc.) and use it all the time. Now one day I am in the mood to change to use and try out UNP, is it possible to just install UNP etc. and just deactivate the CBBE in Mod Organizer 2 (and advanced mods) and play with it for a while, when I feel like it I can switch back to CBBE and deactive UNP. Or do I need to deinstall one completely. Srry if this has posted before, couldn't find anything related to it.

Edited by Llyiu

IDK. I use both CBBE-3BBB and BHUNP. Installing is a little bit complicated, since the last one installed/loaded is the one that will be dominant for the player.

For instance, since my player is CBBE-3BBB, I needed to install BHUNP first, then CBBE-3BBB.

As for switching the player, it's possible that what you're suggesting might work. Haven't tried it myself (nor do I intend to gamble that it works without trouble. I'm still shaking out the after effects of updating several dozen mods a ~week ago)

Of course, you'd need to rebuild your player body (and clothing/armor mods would need to be changed out for appropriate models and also built) using Bodyslide after the mechanics were changed from CBBE to UNP. And tbh, I'm not sure about "UNP" proper. I know BHUNP can be built in Bodyslide, even UUNP (I had that installed prior to BHUNP), but I've never futzed with UNP-proper.

So basically say I have CBBE (and CBBE 3BA, SMP etc.) and use it all the time. Now one day I am in the mood to change to use and try out UNP, is it possible to just install UNP etc. and just deactivate the CBBE in Mod Organizer 2 (and advanced mods) and play with it for a while, when I feel like it I can switch back to CBBE and deactive UNP. Or do I need to deinstall one completely. Srry if this has posted before, couldn't find anything related to it.

I'm not familiar with MO 2 (Vortex user here), but from what I know about MO 2, "uninstalling" and "deactivating" a mod in your mod manager should be more or less the same: In both cases, the mod and all its parts won't get installed. Simply deactivating the plugin is a different story and not recommended. Both BHUNP and 3BA basically modify the same meshes (i.e. the female body meshes and - depending on your install - female clothes, too). You don't want leftover meshes from the other mod. So, TLDR, completely uninstall or deactivate the mod you currently don't want to use in your mod manager.

[...]

Of course, you'd need to rebuild your player body (and clothing/armor mods would need to be changed out for appropriate models and also built) using Bodyslide after the mechanics were changed from CBBE to UNP. And tbh, I'm not sure about "UNP" proper. I know BHUNP can be built in Bodyslide, even UUNP (I had that installed prior to BHUNP), but I've never futzed with UNP-proper.

Yep. IMHO, that's the main drawback of switching between different body types: Clothes/armor made for 3BA won't fit BHUNP (and vice versa). So, changing your body type would also require you to change your armors - at least the more "revealing" ones. That's where the real hazzle starts...