Facility Costs and Difficulty Settings

grenademagnet

Hi, does anyone know if facility costs are adjusted by difficulty settings?

I am implementing the Implassic mod and had a complaint that Facility costs for a Science Lab was $150 on Classic difficulty, which the person indicated should be less on Normal difficulty. My mod has a variation called Clormal that lets you run Classic tactical with Normal geoscape settings.

My mod only makes changes ot the two main DefaultGame INI files (Core and Data). But I looked through the INI files and did not see any difficulty settings that impact the facility costs. I just found one section in DefaultGameCore.ini for the facility costs.

Does anyone know if those facility costs are fixed per difficulty level? It takes too much time for me to test since I have to fire up a new game each time and slog thru the first mission to see if the facility costs change or not.

I need to know which is correct:

A) Facility costs are static no matter what difficulty level

B) Facility costs change per difficulty level, adjustable in an INI file

C) Facilty costs change per difficulty level, but that's embedded in a UPK file

Thanks for any info or guidance.

Facility cost doesn't appear adjustable based on difficulty. The cost-calculation function is XGItemTree.GetFacilityCost:

function int GetFacilityCost(int iCost)
{
    if(iCost == -1)
    {
        return -1;
    }
    if(IsOptionEnabled(9))
    {
        return int((float(iCost) * class'XGTacticalGameCore'.default.FACILITY_COST_BALANCE) * class'XGTacticalGameCore'.default.SW_MARATHON);
    }
    else
    {
        return int(float(iCost) * class'XGTacticalGameCore'.default.FACILITY_COST_BALANCE);
    }
    //return ReturnValue;    
}

You can apply an overall cost balance using the FACILITY_COST_BALANCE config variable, and facility cost can be increased in Marathon mode, but that's it.

FACILITY_COST_BALANCE is a float config variable, not a dynamic array, so it's not possible to add additional values to make it vary based on difficulty.