YOU'RE SPECIAL

BadPenney

I've been trying to find a way to create a book that you can activate and turn pages like the "YOU'RE SPECIAL" book you see during character generation, and I am having difficulty making headway.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I can't find a mechanism that starts the page turning animation for CG01. The scripts associated with the book only setstages, though there is an unusual command "ssbmp 40" that may have something to to do with it. Wondering if this is an inaccessible hard coded process. There are 3 objects associated with the book as well, 2 activators and 1 static, yet only one of the activators is present in Vault 101.

I've retextured a book with a CAT'S PAW cover, and I would like to make it a page turner that could stay in a player's inventory. The only books that I see in the file section of Nexus appear to be retexed covers, though one fellow seems to have retexed the Baby Book pages.

There was also a post about a mod called "Desert Dishes" that seemed to allow a player to carry a book that could be used as a terminal, but the project appears to be dead without a release.

Any help or suggestions would be apprciated.

On looking into it further it seems that "ssbmp" means Show Special Book Menu Param and including it in an object script on a book will cause an instant crash of Fallout 3. So I am guessing that it is coded to the character generation toddler portion of the game. One of the Baby Books is actually an enormous thing with several pages that fills most of the room your character is in. So I am thinking that it could be retextured and accessed with a placeatme command in a script but it would require a different menu to turn the pages and close it when you are done.

Archived