Fallout3 Multiplayer

Honeybiscuit

Oh man first this happened with OB now Fo3.

Why does everyone wanna make this a multiplayer game?

Lets chop it up here.

A) Everyone strap on your T-51b and grab your Experimental MIRV

B) VATS would make it impossible to play this muliplayer.

C) Fo3 insta health stimpacks would make combat annoying

Thats just for starters

But lets just say, that we chop VATS out of the equation, and limited that armor people can wear. And limited the weapons to assault rifles or something.

We now have

(Drum roll please)

Call of Duty

Get the picture?

Oh great, someone is reviving the monthly "let's turn a single player RPG into a multiplayer so I can sell my +214324532 chinese assault rifle the north bound dragonfeet to my friends"- topic.

Check this out: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/FOOL

I predicted this. Bethesda is a snake, after the company take over by Zenimax, it became more of a corrupt and immoral type of company. Bethesda did some underhand dealings to get the Fallout franchise, in order to keep interplay quiet they gave them unreasonable conditions to making the fallout mmorpg, which interyplay was trying to do before the franchise got taken. Bethesda didnt think Interplay would make any progress on that front, and when they did, they showed their true colors and are trying to void the contract. They never expected interplay to make a game with "their precious money making franchise", and they will do everything within their power to prevent that from happening, regardless of the contract. They never intended to honor the deal.

• 1 year later...

Ok I know there are some intuitive people who know how to make a multiplayer game, How. Would it be wrong to create one? AND WHY IF SO> I DONT WANT TO GET BOOTED OUT BECAUSE I HAVE GUESTIONS> I SEEN AN OLDER GAME SINGLE PLAYER TURNED INTO A MULTI PLAYER THE OLD GAME WAS CALLED HIEF< IF YOU HAVE IDEAS ON HOW LET ME KNOW> THERE HAS GOT TO BE A WAY

what about SA-MP san andreas was a SP game and it has been modded and its not that buggy

What game is HIEF?

I don't get why some of you people have to belittle this guy. Ya it can be annoying but he clearly has no clue how hard it is to do this. It can be really fun to play a single player game with friends. I'm not talking massive online, just 2-3 people LAN co-op. Have 1 player be the main character and the other players are support or just make up your own story. It'd be the same as having NPC followers, only, they would be intelligent. Then you could really count on someone to watch your back.

I'd love to see co-op support for an RPG like Fallout 3 or Oblivion and think it's really a shame that it can't be done. I'd pay money for it.

To the original poster, multi-player is probably too difficult for anyone to do, so I guess your best bet is to try Borderlands. Or maybe the Garry's Mod community.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well, i'm quite surprized that noone mentioned Fonline (Fallout Online, Fonline: 2238)

which is pretty much, Fallout 2 made mmorpg through a mod. so yes, that means more then just 2 or 16 of your friends can play at once with eachother, you can PvP, craft, take control of towns, and make factions. or hang in around towns, the map is a alright size, being the span of Fallout 1 and 2 put together, with most of all the locations still on map aswell (no tribal village sorry) From Klamath, to the Glow, NPC factions, BoS, Vault city, Enclave, and Raiders. and well, im rambling on here, but its very well made and still growing. and as i speak my friends are decussing ways take out PKs around San Fran and such. its a great game in my opinion with lots of Potential. so if a group of modders made something like that, why would making Fallout 3 something for at least a 2 player mod be so wrong?

To be honest, the only mod made multiplayer game I can think of, is the original Counter-Strike, but even they had a HUGE team just to make it, it took them ages to make that game, all without financial backing, all on the Half-life engine.

I'm afraid to say, Fallout is not as popular as the Half-life series, not by a long shot, you will never find enough people interested in making a Multiplayer version with skill at doing it, as it has only be done once, and that was nothing short of a miracle.

you are fogetting the multiplayer port of grand theft auto

There was a Project for a Fallout 3 Multi-player, but was abandoned. I saw a video of it, and clicked the forum link, and the main thread was "I give up on this project."

So there won't be a multi-player *Period*

(By the way, the link to the forum doesn't work anymore.)

Edit: I'm wrong, the developer is resuming the project. You can check out his YouTube comments here.

Edited by coin409

Oh man first this happened with OB now Fo3.

Why does everyone wanna make this a multiplayer game?

Lets chop it up here.

A) Everyone strap on your T-51b and grab your Experimental MIRV

B) VATS would make it impossible to play this muliplayer.

C) Fo3 insta health stimpacks would make combat annoying

Thats just for starters

But lets just say, that we chop VATS out of the equation, and limited that armor people can wear. And limited the weapons to assault rifles or something.

We now have

(Drum roll please)

Call of Duty

Get the picture?

This is a good point as a person can simply use a console command(at least for the PC Version) to call up something like a billion stimpaks whenever they need health. This alone would make killing an opponent nearly impossible. Furthermore, as far as a team goes, NPC enemies aren't strong enough to need an NPC partner let alone one that is actually playing along with you. Also, VATS is in fact a problem because it freezes gamplay when used. How would this work for two live feeds of the game playing against each other in a multiplayer like fashion? Simple: It wouldn't, VATS would have to be completely removed from the game in order for this to work.