EW: How to mod out the first mandatory mission?

grenademagnet

Hi, I'm working on the Implassic mod. The reason I ask about modding the game to remove the first mission to allow to make it quicker to test out mod changes.

For example, each time I make an INI file change and want to test it, I have to fire up a new XCom game and slog through the first mission to see if the mod changes took effect, like for the Geoscape.

Modding out the first mission could make it easier for other people to test their mods, too.

To speed up testing, you can put the code below at the end of DefaultInput.ini and hit F12 in a mission. It will do combat simulation for you.

[XComGame.XComTacticalInput]
.Bindings=(Name="F12", Command="SimCombat")
Edited by Drakous79

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In the new patch from 02-25-2014, it appears the key command for SimCombat and killaliens is no longer working, at least for me. I tried overridding the DefaultInput.ini file in the EW config folder _and_ in the folder under \Documents\my games\XCOM - Enemy Within\XComGame\Config

Does anyone else notice this? Or were they able to get the SimCombat command to work again? I suspect Firaxis disabled these commands or screwed them up with their latest patch.

For reference, this no longer works after the latest patch:

To speed up testing, you can put the code bellow at the end of DefaultInput.ini and hit F12 in a mission. It will do combat simulation for you.

Since that is a 'development command', you may need to enable the 'Developer Console' (again). Instructions 'here'. After a patch you usually have to reapply any mods and edits to the EXE. Basically it's as if you ran a 'verify files' process.

Anyone have any info on this patch? Preferably from the Version.txt file, but also need a source for any releases notes or equivalent to update our 'Patches' page info.

-Dubious-

EU Version.txt

Date: Monday, November 25, 2013 5:01 PM
Changelist: 398179

XComGame.exe 1.0.0.4963

11. 2. 2014 22:11 (after verifying game cache is 26. 2. 2014 13:00)

EW Version.txt

Date: Friday, February 21, 2014 10:15 AM (after verifying game cache is Date: Friday, February 21, 2014 9:01 PM)
Changelist: 401776 (after verifying game cache is Changelist: 401924)

XComEW.exe 1.0.0.8708

26. 2. 2014 13:00

In the new patch from 02-25-2014, it appears the key command for SimCombat and killaliens is no longer working, at least for me. I tried overridding the DefaultInput.ini file in the EW config folder _and_ in the folder under \Documents\my games\XCOM - Enemy Within\XComGame\Config

Does anyone else notice this? Or were they able to get the SimCombat command to work again? I suspect Firaxis disabled these commands or screwed them up with their latest patch.

For reference, this no longer works after the latest patch:

To speed up testing, you can put the code bellow at the end of DefaultInput.ini and hit F12 in a mission. It will do combat simulation for you.

I can confirm SimCombat and killaliens commands are working in EW Patch 2, but they must be typed directly into the console.

Tactical binds may be newly restricted to exec functions (commands) of XComGame.XComTacticalInput only.

Strategic binds are working normally as we're used to, with UE commands and commands of XComGame.XComCheatManager and XComStrategyGame.XComHeadquartersCheatManager.