Quest "A Threat from the Past" - which mod?

Bruiser419

I can't figure out which mod the quest "A Threat from the Past" is from and was hoping someone could help me.

Spoiler info below (hopefully)

The quest started by being attacked by a couple bandits. I then had to talk to Maven Black Briar who told me I needed to deal with a 'Tyenian Laemiane'. I ended up talking to what appeared to be a Psijic monk who told me he was in Blue Water Cave.

The cave had a very weird color and lots of vampires, at which point it became a very puzzle like cave. I eventually found a Molag Bol shrine and a forge, and transported thru a dolphin to Blue Water Temple, where i found a dead Tyenian. After a bit I ended up going to an old save since I couldn't find my way out to talk to Maven again.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Just trying to figure out what it's from to decide if it's worth the hassle.

If you have a save from just before you met the monk, you could load it up, activate the console, and check the refid of the monk by clicking on him. The first two digits (or the two after the FE in ESP-FE mods) will direct you to the load order spot the mod occupies. If there is a location created for the mod, the same could apply to clicking on notable objects/features. This is even easier if you have More Informative Console ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19250 ) installed. That mod will let you see which mod last affected an object or NPC.

Glad that I could help! The console access is one of the better tricks for diagnosing texture glitches, too.

Some of the quests in alternate start mods might be accessible at later points, like after Helgen, or after finding the dragonstone, etc. Such assets may be loaded/enabled by the game when installing. The mod's documentation may/may not give insight.

Have fun!