Some help about skyrim mods...

werta600

Hi all, in the next days i will get a new computer, so i thought to prepare Skyrim with the best mods i can find...

I want some help about what to choose, i want just graphics mods, maximum graphics in skyrim, but playable of course... The specs of my new computer will be:

- amd fx-8320

- 8gb ram 1866

- gigabyte r9 280x 3gb ddr5

I think that with this computer i will be able to install the best graphics mods and the game still will be playable, just i think... thats why im here. I have read a lot, Realvision enb, flora overhaul, 2k/4k hd textures, pure waters + w.a.t.e.r.... But i dont know if my computer will handle all stuff.

Of course if u think i need another mod for gameplay or something, post it.

Thanks all.

'the best graphics mods' is probably a bit more then you realize. All in all you'd probably need about 50 mods installed to get to the 'best possible' and unless you have an INSANE computer then odds are you will get horrible FPS. Even with a $10,000.00 computer skyrim has built in ceilings you will hit eventually, and create insane lag. I have a very good computer, and I find it's better to pick and choose the graphics mods you like best, while intentionally trying to avoid the 'best quality' ones. Because, a lot of mods are 'unnecessarily good' where they will little dump ten times is much resources into making something like 10% better. Totally un worth it. any texture over 2k is pretty much to big for ti's own good, unless it's a sky, sun, or moon texture, something that will always only appear once, and very very large when it does appear. Some people like to run really high res body textures, but this is a BAD idea if you want to actually play the game. When lots of NPCs show up it lags the game a lot as is, and if they have really high res skin textures, then it lags the game even more. especially considering it will be hidden under armor most of the time anyways!

Some of my suggestions are,

Flora Overhaul + Lush trees + lush grass + overgrown grass (makes skyrims forests look insanely beautiful)

2k textures (looks only about 10% less good then 4k textures, for 1/4th the resources consumption!)

Realistic Water Two (my personal choice in water mods for a balance of amazing beauty and high performance)

Enhanced Lighting and FX (probably the best lighting mod on the sight, it's a little subtle, but that's what makes it great. It's similar to vanilla, just way my appealing to the eye! Also, way more stable then other lighting mods!)

Climates of Tamriel (makes the weather and overworld lighting system of skyrim way prettier, also quite stable and very high performance)

A SweetFX mod. Avoid ENB, because they tend to create glitches and can be very laggy even on amazing rigs. (I personally suggest my mod More Alien Skyrim, which overhauls the night sky, as well as including a great SweetFX preset)

Here is a screenshot of those mods in action.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2s631w9.jpg

'the best graphics mods' is probably a bit more then you realize. All in all you'd probably need about 50 mods installed to get to the 'best possible' and unless you have an INSANE computer then odds are you will get horrible FPS. Even with a $10,000.00 computer skyrim has built in ceilings you will hit eventually, and create insane lag. I have a very good computer, and I find it's better to pick and choose the graphics mods you like best, while intentionally trying to avoid the 'best quality' ones. Because, a lot of mods are 'unnecessarily good' where they will little dump ten times is much resources into making something like 10% better. Totally un worth it. any texture over 2k is pretty much to big for ti's own good, unless it's a sky, sun, or moon texture, something that will always only appear once, and very very large when it does appear. Some people like to run really high res body textures, but this is a BAD idea if you want to actually play the game. When lots of NPCs show up it lags the game a lot as is, and if they have really high res skin textures, then it lags the game even more. especially considering it will be hidden under armor most of the time anyways!

Some of my suggestions are,

Flora Overhaul + Lush trees + lush grass + overgrown grass (makes skyrims forests look insanely beautiful)

2k textures (looks only about 10% less good then 4k textures, for 1/4th the resources consumption!)

Realistic Water Two (my personal choice in water mods for a balance of amazing beauty and high performance)

Enhanced Lighting and FX (probably the best lighting mod on the sight, it's a little subtle, but that's what makes it great. It's similar to vanilla, just way my appealing to the eye! Also, way more stable then other lighting mods!)

Climates of Tamriel (makes the weather and overworld lighting system of skyrim way prettier, also quite stable and very high performance)

A SweetFX mod. Avoid ENB, because they tend to create glitches and can be very laggy even on amazing rigs. (I personally suggest my mod More Alien Skyrim, which overhauls the night sky, as well as including a great SweetFX preset)

Here is a screenshot of those mods in action.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2s631w9.jpg

All these mods you said are here in skyrim nexus or steamworkshop? because first i want to try the mods on a backup of skyrim legendary edition to see how much fps i will get with all stuff and things like that...

Thanks a lot :laugh: