Burning Skull

Saristas

OK I've been working on it for hours and it's impossible for me to make it so I'm giving up. I've been trying to make a skull as a helm (I tried using meshes\clutter\skeleton\skull.nif) and add a burning effect on it when you wear it. Kind of like shishkebab. Basically it would look like Ghost Rider's head. I've gone as far as getting smoke and big red exclamation point as my helm so I'm done. So if anyone decides that it's an interesting idea and decides to make it I will be very thankful.

Also it would be awesome If you record how you do it and post it on youtube.

FYI I will rip it and make it as my own! Muahahah.

Are you linking the clutter mesh directly to your Helmet's tab in GECK? If so, that will probably not work, because clutter and armor nifs are different. I've only ever made custom weapons using your make-clutter-into-something-else-method, but I think I know what you need to do:

Open both a dummy helmet (doesn't matter what I think, let's use the combat helmet) and the clutter skull in nifskope. Click on the skull. This should highlight something in the detail list called nitristrips (or nitrishapes). Go to its submenu, and find nitristripsdata. Rightclick -> Block -> Copy.

Now go to the helmet, and again go to the nitristripsdata. Rightclick -> Block -> Paste over. Hopefully, you won't get the red box know.

However, the skull will probably need to be translated along the axes, as it should start at the origin. Just have it match up with where the helmet used to be. Also, the skull is probably smaller than the mesh of your character's head, which would make it clip horribly. You'll probably need to scale it up a bit, or just enough to cover the whole head. Can't help you with the fire though..

Again, none of this may work, because I've only really messed with weapons, not armor.

However, the skull will probably need to be translated along the axes, as it should start at the origin. Just have it match up with where the helmet used to be. Also, the skull is probably smaller than the mesh of your character's head, which would make it clip horribly. You'll probably need to scale it up a bit, or just enough to cover the whole head. Can't help you with the fire though..

I've made the skull appear, I've even rotated it and now it's in normal position now I can't figure out how to make it fit my head. The skull is a little to high and to small my face covers it up, how do I fix this in NifSkope? anyone?

Just eyeball it I guess...

Right click the skull and go to translate. Move it down a bit and scale it up so it covers the whole head.

The size doesn't change in game when I change it in NifSkope.

Well then I guess I can't help you anymore. Good luck though.

There is a wearable skull in this mod:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3734

It's slightly larger than a human head because the mod author designed it so you could see the face underneath. Changing the setting in GECK which decides what parts the item hides would hide the face. Though there may be issues seethrough parts...

Archived