alternative to paypal ?

greekrage

Will an alternative to paypal donation method be added to this site ?

Its obvious MANY stopped using paypal with their latest policy of Fines etc..

Btw the policy still remains and information suggests that this clause has been in effect for over 2 years now .

Btw the policy still remains and information suggests that this clause has been in effect for over 2 years now .

It's my understanding that that was a "possible" policy change, but, was never implemented (mainly because it was of questionable legality). That, and I haven't heard of ANYONE being 'fined' by paypal..... and I am quite sure that would make the news.

It's my understanding that that was a "possible" policy change, but, was never implemented (mainly because it was of questionable legality). That, and I haven't heard of ANYONE being 'fined' by paypal..... and I am quite sure that would make the news.

i checked earlier...that 2500$ per violation is in there....as are the reasons for the fine including those about racism,discrimination,hate speech etc....

Yes, but the controversial one about "misinformation" is not listed there now, nor was it ever emailed to the userbase for inclusion in an update to the policy. Which they are required to do at least 30 days in advance.

Even in supposedly reputable press sources I've only been able to find vague references to then having "leaked" a possible change to the AUP that turned out to be something that wasn't supposed to be there. So at worst I'd say they're guilty of having people with too much access and too little control over their own words.