maby you know?

jackpack

iv been working away on a mod & have made 2 interior cells for it. the problem is.... in one cell i can place mjy's gold bars & everythings fine. but in the other interior cell when i place a bar theres no texture to it. i tryed droping a couple & then playing the mod to see if the texture would apear ingame but it didnt.

any ideas. thanx

There is always the shotgun approach:

Duplicate the cell that works. Delete everything in it. Copy all items from the cell that doesn't work and place them in the duplicated cell. See if the gold bars have texture in the new cell. If so, delete the bad cell and make a navmesh for the new one. If it still doesn't work, then maybe you have a problem with an item that is in the bad cell.

Tracking down little glitches is annoying and frustrating. Right now, one of my NPC guards has decided to patrol while carrying his sniper rifle like a mini-gun.

BEFORE DOING ALL THE ABOVE THOUGH:

Try a clean slate. Before starting Fallout 3 to check your mod, pick the DATA FILES section of the Start up menu or use FOMM and deselect your mod's esp. Unless your mod depends on another mod to work, deselect ALL mods.

Then start FO3, pick a convenient spot and create a nice clean savegame. Exit Fallout and restart your computer. Select your .esp again and start Fallout 3 again and load the clean savegame. Then go back to the area that you have difficulty with and see if the glitch is still there.

I do this when I find inexplicable things happening ingame that I can't easily remedy with a GECK tweak. It often makes the problem disappear. I'm guessing that artifacts of previous versions of an .esp stay resident in savegames and create conflicts in the game after you have made changes. I find this has worked with texture issues and especially problems with packages.

I just did this and now my NPC guard carries his weapon properly again. There is no reason he should have changed his behavior because I hadn't modified him in weeks.

Doing this can also make glitches in your .esp appear that you didn't know about, giving you a chance to fix them.

Archived