Help with red lightning

PhantomNX

Hello to everyone/anyone reading this! I am currently trying (with success) to create a mod where I add a new spell that uses red colored lightning. I have successfully done this and set up all the data in the creation kit and the .nifs and .dds files and am all set and everything works, except for one thing. The lightning that arcs up my hand when I channel my so called "Red Sparks" is still blue while everything else is red. If someone could help me in isolating the problem and fixing it that would be great, as it looks weird with a multi-colored thing going on. Thanks in advance :smile:

I'll include a few screenshots of what I'm talking about, but this first screenshot is me holding the regular sparks spell in my left hand and my own in my right hand (yes I know the circle is a lot more visible on the right hand, but that's how I want it and it's not the point of this topic lol)

These next two screenshots will compare Sparks to the Red Sparks I have made to show you all the progress I've done so far, and when you see the Red Sparks you should be able to tell what I'm talking about when I say the lightning that arcs up my arm is blue when the rest is red.

I may or may not release this (I usually mod for myself) but this is just one of the spells that I'm going to include, I have over 10 lined up and most of them are done but to finish the ones that use red lightning (doing both fire and lightning damage simultaneously) I need to fix this little thing here. I looked all over and I don't know what else there is to change :/

So I managed to fix the lightning, and it looks really really cool! Now I have another much bigger problem, because now I'm certain I don't know what to do. The master level shock destruction spell, Shock Storm, I have managed to turn red entirely. However, the effect around the person when channeling it is blue and I don't know how to change that. I'll post some screenshots of the new and improved red lightning:

Notice the red lightning on the hands :D

File size limit reached, gonna post a couple more times.

No to show you the problem I'm having with the Master Level Destro Spell when it's red. Everything looks fine at first (mostly):

Seeing some blue still...

Then it shoots and it doesn't look very good lol

Notice how blue it is around me... that's what I want to change.

So yeah if anyone has any clues about this that'd be nice also :) Thank you very much. Any tips to make this look crisper or cleaner would very much be appreciated. I'm new to changing the colors of spells and things like that with gimp and nifscope (this is my first time every doing this and it's mostly self-taught). I hope it looks decent at least. I'm going to add a quest line and custom NPC to this mod too so it gets bigger and better. For now though, making the spells look good is my top priority. Thanks in advance to any and all who help.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I might add this to the Nexus one day when I get it working better/really put forth a lot more effort into it. I haven't worked on it in a long time, I've just kind of been enjoying it :P If you really want me to I could put it up sometime in the next few weeks. I don't see much else I can do with the textures as of now, and I think I enjoy it as it is.