Reviving old, broken down saves

gaoptimize

Part of the problem with such a creative and talented modding community is the overwhelming temptation to heavily mod the game during a play through. My inability to resist this inevitably results in an implicit limit of around mid-80's level and ~15MByte save files. After that, on top of the ~5 minute save times, little things start breaking. I promised myself I'd have one playthrough in 2022 and failed again. This time, skin textures on random NPCs started turning blue, sometimes immersive expressions would fail, followers under AFT became pajama boys/girls (we need an obesity mod to punish them), but if it wasn't those, it would be something else.

I'd like a mod that would allow you to place everything you really want to keep in one chest, good to sleep, and the following things would be preserved in the save file when you wake up: 1) Followers' gear. 2) Faction and NPC friendship/enmity level. 3) Completed quests. 4) Emptied locations and that's about it. 5) Oh, and children from Fertility Mode. Everything else would be cleared out and set to a base state. Depending on the amount of gear for the player and ~10 to 30 followers (~1,000 items?), the saves would shrink back to less than a megabyte and these annoying errors would evaporate. It seems like this mod could be created using a tiny fraction of "Project Proteus" features and capturing the quest stages in a new save file.

I grow attached to the characters I've spent hundreds of hours playing, but I have a grave yard of 8 I'd like to resurrect the last save of.

have you tried a save script cleaner mod? itll make it so you can heavily mod skyrim, and if you install a mod that breaks your save you can uninstall that mod and run the cleaner and itll erase that mods existence from ever being in your save file to begin with.

im just a mod author for LE who runs 240+ mods in skyrim, plays all versions of skyrim and screws up my mod order load every few minutes.

FallrimTools SE/AE script cleaner

Save game script cleaner LE script cleaner Edited by NefariousPBOnline