SL8-6??

oddball600

could somebody possibly make a mod which is the SL8-6 since it is like my favourite assault rifle. :biggrin:

also could there be both a scoped, no scope and silenced and non-silenced versions of it please if possible?

images of the gun

SL8-6 no scope

SL8-6 scoped

as far as i know it uses the nato rounds so it shouldn't need a new ammo type

EDIT:

Could the scoped have a sniper scope and be semi auto instead of full auto as well please? :thanks:

Do you have ANY IDEA what a NATO round is?

When an ammunition type is designated NATO, it's means that it's in use by most, if not all, NATO countries. Which means German and American troops in the same operations can share ammo of the same caliber without difficulties.

At the top off my head, there is 7.62x55mm NATO (In use by Norway) (NOT for the AK) and 5.56mm NATO (in use by the USA)

But if I'm right, and I have no reason to doubt myself, the SL-8 uses the 5.56mm NATO.

NATO is NOT a caliber.

i know what NATO is no need to pick up on a technicality unless you are middle aged man who sits in his basement watching waiting for someone to make a mistake.... and generally i thought since heckler and koch was an american company it would use the 5.56mm NATO so i thought that would be obvious in itself

oh yea and by the way if you read it closely it says as far as i know it uses the nato rounds it says this because i typed maybe a bit too fast and didn't read it after i meant to put either of the nato rounds

Do you have ANY IDEA what a NATO round is?

When an ammunition type is designated NATO, it's means that it's in use by most, if not all, NATO countries. Which means German and American troops in the same operations can share ammo of the same caliber without difficulties.

At the top off my head, there is 7.62x55mm NATO (In use by Norway) (NOT for the AK) and 5.56mm NATO (in use by the USA)

But if I'm right, and I have no reason to doubt myself, the SL-8 uses the 5.56mm NATO.

NATO is NOT a caliber.

Calm down there, shortstuff.

If you're referring to the Norwegian 6.5x55mm, that's not a NATO round, and dates back to the late 1800's, long before the formation of NATO.

I believe you mean 7.62x51mm NATO, which is a common round developed by the United States. Regardless, the SL-8 is not chambered in either.

I'd also like to point out he said 'nato rounds' not 'nato round', which is plural, not singular. I believe he understands the presence of more than one type of round.

Finally, the SL-8 is chambered in .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO. 5.56x45mm exists in vanilla Fallout 3, and in CALIBR. Remington .223 on the other hand does not (to my knowledge), but seeing as it's (disregarding the Military-grade VS Civilian-grade quality debate) almost exactly similar to 5.56x45mm in dimension, I don't see how it can be an issue to add it to the game.

5.56x45mm is in use by almost all NATO countries, not just the United States. This includes Germany (For the G36 series), the United Kingdom (for the SA80 series), and many other nations. It's a very common round.

and generally i thought since heckler and koch was an american company it would use the 5.56mm NATO

As for you, mister, H&K is a German company.

Both of you need to get your facts straight.

well i went on hk's main sight to get the actual name and since their main hq was in america i assumed they are an american company and just because they have german names doesn't mean they are german... not that i am now trying to start an argument with you its just i am tired and i can't be bothered getting my facts straight :P

and thanks for standing up for the noobie ;D

well i went on hk's main sight to get the actual name and since their main hq was in america i assumed they are an american company and just because they have german names doesn't mean they are german... not that i am now trying to start an argument with you its just i am tired and i can't be bothered getting my facts straight :P

and thanks for standing up for the noobie ;D

Well for the record;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch

I hate using Wikipedia but I feel it suits my needs on this occasion.

But alas, internet arguments.

http://devcentral.f5.com/weblogs/images/devcentral_f5_com/weblogs/Joe/WindowsLiveWriter/PowerShellABCsPisforParameters_9972/Internet_argument_2.jpg

I'm interested, I just happen to sound RAGING some times.

And I meant the 7.62x51mm, I mixed it up with 6.5x55mm as that is the round I use in my Krag.

Also, I'll be nice and provide some pictures for those who do not know what gun we are talking about.

http://www.hkpro.com/sl8right.jpg

http://www.hkpro.com/sl8proto.jpg

Archived