Survivalist rifle mesh replacer not working?

Everypony4013

Hello forums, I am trying to replace the iron sight on the survivalist rifle with something that is actually usable but for some reason the sight stays the same after I install the mod? It is just a single file, 'meshes/nvdlc02/weapons/2handautomatic/nvdlc02weapservicerifleun.nif' (mods/71260) and is not overwriting anything, I assume because the vanilla mesh is in a BSA? So I thought maybe it was BSA redirection which I only vaguely understand, but I already had archiveinvalidation invalidated, and I also tried the option in wyre flash but neither made a difference. And anyways that only applies to textures not meshes right?

So does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I'm usually pretty good at modding these games but this has me stumped.. I'm like 99% sure none of my installed mods should be altering that mesh. With similar games I just drop the meshes in the folder and it works, am I missing something here? I have plenty of mods like AGSU using their own meshes/textures so I really don't understand why this isn't working.

Edited by Everypony4013

Nevermind I fixed it, sort of. In case anyone is interested, I am using WMX and WMX uses its own seperate models for modded versions of the guns, so that is why it wasnt showing up, because I had a few weapon mods on it already.

So I just went in fnvedit and copied the record over to my minor edits plugin and made it always use the vanilla mesh for each modded version. Quick and dirty, but there is no scope mod so shouldn't be too bad, and this load order is many years old and due for a rebuild soon anyway so I'll figure something better out next time around.

Sorry for the waste-of-space thread lol. Happy trails.

Edited by Everypony4013