Anorexia?

AzirAphale001

The media isn't the only entity - bullies, perfectionists, influential persons/celebrities - these all affect the morale of a person who has a predisposition toward external influences. But it is the media that is the biggest contributer to the ideological engine of modern society.

Actually this is what I've been getting at all along. Maybe I just wasn't saying it clearly enough?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herculine, the picture in your signature freaks me out. I don't know why!

Anyway, I've seen what bullies/celebrities/high power people can do to affect someones moral disposition. A personal friend of mind started cutting because she was stressed out about looks because some guy wouldn't pay attention to her. Thankfully I was able to resolve it with her but its just one of those moments where you realize how messed up someone can become over something so silly.

The media isn't the only entity - bullies, perfectionists, influential persons/celebrities - these all affect the morale of a person who has a predisposition toward external influences.

Yup, but minus the bully, where are the majority of those people promoted or talked about in? Through the media. The stars are doing it, yeah, but it's the magazines that let us know about it.

Diet Mountain Dew. (Yes, Diet. LOL)

And, as these contain aspartame, it's pretty much like adding insult (aspartame) to injury (anorexia).

Now i feel that its ok to have Anorexia nervosa(the medical term) Untill you start getting problems such as Extreme weight loss, Fatigue, Dry skin(Dry lips), Fragile appearance and The Refeeding syndrome. Now aslong as you are able to controll it ( i am able to starve for five to seven days if i need to lose weight or dont have anything at hand)

BUT since its a psychiatric illness that describes eating disorder causing extreme low weight and a body image disorder which leads to massive fear of gaining weight.

So if you're not able to help your self get someone to help you, starting with a shrink.

It helps to talk about problems you've had or are having at this time.

trust me they help ALOT! i've gone to one before when i needed to get the acutal diagnosis for my... "Disorder" ADHD.

Edit: i forgot to tell that there is over 20 side-effects that happens when you get Anorexia nervosa