Looking for Beta Testers. Also, looking for lore on the aetheral plane

ArtMurder

I am working on a new mod, it is an extremely different mod from any night sky replacer, (even my own) and is designed to be more 'lore friendly' I remember reading in a lore passage somewhere that the star that nirn circles is in fact a star, but a hole created by Magnus. And the he created Nirn and countless other plane(t)s like it. This mod is designed to be a much more literal interpretation of that.

Anyone who happens to know where I can track down this bit of lore I read, as I would like to 'study' it a bit more.

I have a semi-working version of this mod ready, and I am looking for any number of people to do a test run of it for me. Tell me any visual weirdness you see, test it out with whatever ENBs/sweetFX you have, give me your general opinions on it, take screenshots so I can see what it looks like in different lighting set ups, that kind of thing. I will add all beta testers to my credits, as this will help me tremendously on perfecting this mod! ^-^ I want it perfect before release. PM me your email, and I'll send you an email with the file attached.

This is all I could find:: "As Mundus began to form, it became evident that many of the et'Ada would be required to sacrifice much of their power in order to form the mortal plane.[3] As their aspects began to die off, many of the et'Ada vanished completely.[1] Magnus decided to terminate the project.[3] He fled to Aetherius in the last of Mundus' birth-pains, and his departure tore a hole which became Nirn's sun, itself known as Magnus"

This is all I could find:: "As Mundus began to form, it became evident that many of the et'Ada would be required to sacrifice much of their power in order to form the mortal plane.[3] As their aspects began to die off, many of the et'Ada vanished completely.[1] Magnus decided to terminate the project.[3] He fled to Aetherius in the last of Mundus' birth-pains, and his departure tore a hole which became Nirn's sun, itself known as Magnus"

Yes, I very much remember that last passage, but I remember their being more to it then that.

What is the source of this? A specific book or lore page?

Talk to Lachdonin when it comes to lore. The guy is a walking TES encyclopedia.

He knows more about Aedra than everybody else here collected.

I'm pretty sure it's never been said that Magnus created countless other plane(t)s aside from Nirn. Planets are generally thought to be what mortals can perceive of the planes of the Eight Divines: hence, there are eight planets, plus Nirn. See the Cosmology for the clearest (albeit out-of-game) explanation, from one of the TES writers.

Re: Aetherius, different religions believe different things--and it isn't always internally consistent. PG3E for example says "The sources of magic are the many and diverse heavens beyond the void, collectively known as the Aetherius. Aetherius, ancestral seat of the Nine Divines and the other original spirits, is the plane of pure magicka." So, many and diverse planes within a plane?

Those two links will be very helpful dreamking! I have always loved that TES has intentionally left the lore a little open to interpretation.

I'll also shoot the user matth mentioned a PM here in a bit.