Alternate/new chameleon shaders.

Wolfar15

So there are plenty of mods out there that aim to fix issues with the chameleon effect to make it easier to aim down sights and/or use the pip boy while using a stealth field. The problem as I see it is that almost all of these mosts make some fundamental change in the effect itself in order to achieve their goals which can lead to real problems. This is just my 2 cents but it seems that the best way to fix the problem with chameleon visuals would be to change the shader that the chameleon effect uses so that instead of being translucent your character model would instead be fully visible or at the very least more solid. If anyone wants to take a stab at this I know many would appreciate this.

Prob is just about the player visuals and the transparent actor right?

Ingestible \ 0004F4A6 <StealthBoy>

Activates:

Magic Effect \ 00106E53 <InvisibilityEffectStealthBoyTransition>

The ingestible is set to <mag> 99.000000 <dur>30

Can set that to a lower number (say: 49) and see if that fixes something.

As far as I can tell it's just a visual.

:nuke: Caveate- may be tied to:

Magic Effect \ 00106E53 <InvisibilityEffectStealthBoyTransition>

DNAM: Magic Item Description: Turns you mostly invisible.

so that might need some tweaking as well.

There is a better option. The bs effect fx material contains the reflection setting. It makes any material (mesh with any other material) it covers transparent (controllable transparency). This effect is also written to the keys of the uv animation.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/eNJDmwaTeLtOxA

With the "addittive" parameter, the material works like a pseudo-mirror copying the image. With standart option, like led camouflage. Objects that are behind a mesh with this material are projected at a 45 degree angle and are slightly distorted. Lens effect. In archive as an example of setting, nif.

Are you talking about a Terminator 2 (the liquid-chrome guy) effect?

That'd be sick for anything! :woot:

Or,

I don't know what you mean :unsure: , can you kindly provide an image, i'd like to see that?

Question comes to mind how this would effect cloaked supposedly invisible adversaries.

Sort of an inside-out one-off joke where the character that thinks they are invisible while everyone stares at them. :ermm:

Trying to remember, rambled past something something about a "rainbow pixel effect", or something... :blush:

There is a better option. The bs effect fx material contains the reflection setting. It makes any material (mesh with any other material) it covers transparent (controllable transparency). This effect is also written to the keys of the uv animation.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/eNJDmwaTeLtOxA

With the "addittive" parameter, the material works like a pseudo-mirror copying the image. With standart option, like led camouflage. Objects that are behind a mesh with this material are projected at a 45 degree angle and are slightly distorted. Lens effect. In archive as an example of setting, nif.

Seriously cool. Thanks for sharing this.

Are you talking about a Terminator 2 (the liquid-chrome guy) effect?

That'd be sick for anything! :woot:

Or,

I don't know what you mean :unsure: , can you kindly provide an image, i'd like to see that?

Question comes to mind how this would effect cloaked supposedly invisible adversaries.

Sort of an inside-out one-off joke where the character that thinks they are invisible while everyone stares at them. :ermm:

Trying to remember, rambled past something something about a "rainbow pixel effect", or something... :blush:

https://youtu.be/Zu24_C_610Y

No. It's not like in terminator 2.) It's a bs effect fx material setting that makes the clothing mesh invisible. I have a small cape, a small camouflage net for the body. But you can make the whole costume, and the character will become invisible. The peculiarity of the material is that it makes invisible any object that is behind it. For example, if you make a scope with this material, then the player will see through the walls through the scope.

Seriously cool. Thanks for sharing this.

Uh-huh! :thumbsup: (For infinity)...

K, I'm sold! Gotta get me some of that! :yes:

Unsure of application in OP (that's on you, friends)! :wink:

But that's some crazy nanotech, I gotta put that on... something! :woot:

The Scope effect you described would be cool in conjunction with penetrator perk.

Will spend some time with this and come back with questions about this, for certain.

Edited by Blinxys