I need help with Forgotten city

popanE

Hello,

I'm having trouble with this mod. no problem with the install via vortex. the quest starts but when I go to enter the forgotten city quest marker location as per instruction, I get both " The Lost Sanctuary" and "Forgotten Ruins" in the same spot. The door that is meant for Forgotten ruins in labeled as The lost sanctuary and when i go through I get dumped in the middle of the Skyrim map with the marker point back to previous location saying "To Skyrim" even though I am already in the Skyrim map. I've tried to reinstall the mod but no joy. If anyone can offer some advice I would be greatly appreciate it,

Try this - get to the entrance, The Lost Sanctuary, and open the console. Click on the entrance, and record the refID number there. Click on the left, center, and right to make sure that they match. Use the first four digits of the ID (the load order position) to show you which mod owns the Lost Sanctuary entrance.

You could install More Informative Console ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19250 ), and it will tell you directly which mod is the last to affect/change that location. Just make sure that you get the right version for your game, and install all of the required files you do not already have installed.

Thanx. I did forget to say that I got skyrim via gamepass. I pc, I've spent over 3 weeks lots of reading and watching tutorials and now know the limitations of gamepass. I did as you suggested, and I get a hex number center and left/right do not match but being a hex number I don't know how to check refID. Being gamepass I can't use SKSE. Not sure if there is anything else you can advise? I'm ready to ditch my gamepass and just go via steam if that's the realistic solution. Thanks in advance.

Also, I am using vortex and reasonably confident my load order is good. Vortex does flag the forgotten city as being dirty with SSExedit but I can't seem to find a way to clean it. Pretty sure this because of where gamepass installs skyrim to.

Ref ID (an 8-digit hex number) and load order: The first two digits xx123456 (five in ESP-FE FE011xxx) indicate the load order placement of the matching/source mod plugin. Once you have recorded the refids of your characters or objects, click on the 'Plugins' tab in Vortex. On that page, find the 'Mod Index' header. If you don't see it, enable it by clicking on the settings gear at the far right of the header row.

Once you see the Mod Index, make sure that your Load Order is arranged by ascending (low to high) order, then scroll down that list until you find the matching set of digits under the Mod Index. That is the mod the char/object comes from.

Thank you. I was able to identify the mod. I've uninstalled it and going to start a new game. I'll post in a few days if this fixed the issue. Thanks for helping me get a bit more education with the game. I do think I'll end up get a copy of Skyrim via steam as there does appear to be many more quests and mod options available.

Being nosy - which mod was it?

FYI - If you have a GOG (Good Old Games/Grand Old Games?) account, you can get Skyrim AE without the DRM that might cause hiccups. I don't use it, but saw that it was available. Ask/look around to see if you might be interested.

There is a website that can help you find which SKSE-based mods are compatible ( https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins ). Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) is a way to make much more involved and immersive mods that you might find interesting. Don't worry about it until after you become a bit more used to the full game with some mods.

Ok I think I was reading the number incorrectly. Same issue after a new game. The refID I get is 5b034df0 it is the same for top/center/right/left/bottom. Am I correct in looking for 5b in the mod index list? I can find 5B in the list which says it's the forgotten city. I've tried to find any reference to Lost sanctuary online but no joy. I am at a lost to why this is happening. I've made sure patches are done ie: unofficial Skyrim patch. I'm very much starting to believe it's a DRM issue given the popularity of this mod and how restrictive Microsoft is.

You were correct in your interpretation of the 5b. For your installed LO, that would be Forgotten City. Have you opened up SSEEdit, and loaded up all of your active mods, then right-clicked on any of the mods, and selected 'Apply Filter to Show Conflicts'? Then you could expand the entry for Forgotten City, and look for red stuff. You might find what mod is overwriting the entrance.

Did you install the mod that changes the entrance to the Forgotten City?

Maybe you should try to post about your Lost Sanctuary on the Forgotten City comments page, and see if anyone there has had the same.

If you post there, make sure to post your LO in a spoiler tag, so they can maybe identify which mod(s) may be interfering.

If I think of something else, I will tell you. I am following this thread.

Just saw your latest post, we cross-posted. What is the link for this new 'game'? It is not on the Nexus page for Forgotten City. AFAIK, you should still be able to use the mod from the Nexus page, and all of its patches/addons from Nexus.

Edited by 7531Leonidas