free placing snap points

greekrage

Universal snapping can't be done, since a snap will not only align to the opposite snap point, but to its axis as well.

Also, the more snap points you add, the more potential f*#@ery you create. At one point too much is just too much.

Found a new solution....

I simply "stole" the collision block from a flag and pasted it to the trishape and now its seen as having collision in game and no snap points needed at all...it can be placed freely . Dont forget these are hanging nets that need random placing under,in front etc. of surfaces.... Funny thing is that in CK they show not having collision but in workshop they light up fine :P

Proof of concept :P

sIVWp2.jpg

Indeed. Connection points are only needed if it has to 'connect'. Can be useful still to easily create a camo-tent, by adding some "P-WS-CamoTent" connection points on all edges, in various angles. For free placement they might actually be a nuisance (but not with a unique name, since they won't snap to anything else)

Note: When using angles & rotations you can NOT overlap connection points (with the same name). It will ignore all but 1 connection point and ALWAYS snap to that one. (I think it was the last point assigned, from the top of my head)