Lip-syncing?

squeehunter

are you planing a karaoke mod ;D

... i was thinking about it too & the only only way i could think of was to use fraps of the dude talking & recording what you want in sync & then puting in the new sound file.

migt be long but if you want lod then thats all i can think off. ill be watching this one.

Oblivion? I'm talking about Fallout 3.

The GECK doesn't support lipsync of voices and from what I have heard there is no current plan to give the GECK lipsync ablilty.

Cipscis is right about the Oblivion Construction Set. They were the precursor to the GECK which carries over much of the same functionality. The CS gives a work around for GECK's failing.

I take the soundfiles I want to synch, convert them to wav files and use the CS to create .lip files. Then convert the .wav to an .ogg that Fallout uses, copy the .ogg and .lip to the appropriate Fallout 3 folder and use the GECK to link them to dialogue which works in F03.

I keep 2-3 folders, the GECK, the CS, and SoundForge open to do it. It is a convoluted and inconvenient process but it works.

Wait so are you saying, that I could do the lip syncing with something else, and then just import the animation?

The .lip file is the animation, sort of.

If you look in FO3 voice directories you will see paired files like:

00ShadyNPC_00JayMama05_00039B25_1.lip

00ShadyNPC_00JayMama05_00039B25_1

The file that shows no extension (at least in my directories) is an .ogg file that contains the audio. The .lip file tells the facial mesh how to move to appear is if speaking the sounds in the audio.

You can copy and place the pairs from FO3's sound.bsa, copy other ppl's files into your mod, or record your own if you can make the audio and lip.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...