A never ending story

Gabbemaster

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

... a time rift of some 3-and-a-half months. Suddenly it was next year, and everything had changed. Jane Fondue was nearly 70 years old (though still not bad for her age, if you like that sort of thing,) and the only "bush" to regularly grace household TV screens was over 60 (and not too good for his age, even if you do like that sort of thing.)

And so, a course was set for.....

(Surely I can't get slated for necromancy? This is the Neverending Story! ;) )

The new beginning... But no one knew what it was the beginning of, so before anything could happen...

OOC> If you get slated then so do I :happy: You will never have to face the fear of the... dark 0ne... yourself when it comes to this thread... I am after all, the creator :ph34r:

...an emergency committee was formed to plot the course of the New Beginning. Cheese, fluffy slippers and a purple thing were all present, along with several small round eyeless Things from beyond the Void, who had popped out for a spot of lunch. Representatives from the Houses of Ithor and Rethar were placed strategically at each end of the table to avoid bickering matches, and even the odd TESSource Moderator loitered threateningly to make sure no-one committed any heinous crimes such as thread necromancy or leaving the lid off the toothpaste.

Soon, ..........

A new delegation arrived. They stated that under the new European regulations committees had to include representatives of all European states who included Polish (to be used on wooden furniture), Spanish (when people needed black teeth), Greek (when total obfuscation was needed), Finnish (when they wanted to stop), Dutch (as long as the costs were divided equally) and Aldebaranese (for those with stars in their eyes). Unfortunately the delegation from Aldebaran were not accepted by the Europeans - particularly the bouncing czechs - who...

(ooc: this looks entertaining, although having read the first five and last five pages I fail to see how this got from sock warfare to a cheesy H2G2 spoof :rolleyes: )

...alas, disapproved of their bank balance. However, their abundant buoyancy was soon deflated by the arrival of the Russians, who despite not being part of Europe had come anyway for the free booze. Suddenly, destroying any resemblance of a plot, a completely random freak whirlwind ripped through the room, depositing seven dead shrimps and a very angry moose upon the wine bar, destroying many rare vintages including a 500-year old bottle of Zigagwahahghatotophwa, prized by many for its complete foul undrinkability and extreme cost. However, the moose, despite being loose aboot the hoose, was soon caught in a moose trap, and...

... placed squarely in the plot, which had been thin but was thickening nicely with the seven dead shrimp. The Russians were crying over the broken wine, which led to a bout of whining, which led to sour grapes, which led to...

ooc>The point of the never-ending-story is that there is no point, so who knows when the socks will revive? (Not soon I hope, as they are a bit ripe.)