Fast Travel Motorcycle

Sjakal

Here's something I've been thinking about, similar to the Global Travel System.

It's not a driveable motorcycle, more a sort of extension to the Fast Travel of Fallout 3.

I know there are many vehicle request threads in here, but this is not really a vehicle request.

The bike mentioned here does not move; instead it teleports with the player during Fast Travel.

0. ABOUT THE BIKE

A simple replacement for fast travel, or a way to justify it.

The mod would most likely work well with quests and npcs.

1. REPAIRING THE BIKE

The bike must first be fixed in a repair quest.

The bike and quest could for instance be found at the Super-Duper Mart parking lot.

The bike must be repaired with one of each motorcycle part found in Fallout 3 maybe.

Some level in the Repair skill is likely needed for motorcycle repairs to succeed.

2. FUELING THE BIKE

When repaired, the bike then doubles as an item container or pack mule for the player.

The bike needs microfusion cells or similar fuel to drive.

The microfusion cells must be put in the bike's inventory for it to function.

3. USING THE BIKE

Fast travel is now allowed, even to unexplored markers given via quests and similar.

Fast travel costs a microfusion cell to power the bike for the trip.

The player can only fast travel when near the bike, like within two metres or so.

Here's some quick pseudo-code I slapped together, guaranteed not to work from the get-go:

OnFastTravel
 Bike.MoveTo TravelMarker
 Bike.RemoveItem MicrofusionCell 1

OnPipBoyOpen
 if Bike.GetDistance Player < 70 and Bike.GetItemCount MicrofusionCell > 0
ShowAllMapMarkers 1 1 0
 else
ShowAllMapMarkers 1 0 0

The bike basically teleports to the Fast Travel destination of the player whenever he Fast Travels.

When the player opens the pip-boy, Fast Travel is permitted only if the bike is fueled and nearby.

My hope is someone can use this for inspiration - if not, ah well. Just an idea I had.

I didn't get what you were saying but now I do. Its pretty good idea. Instead of just randomly teleporting to places. But may I ask why not a vertibird? A lot cooler

A Vertibird would obviously be cooler, but I think Enclave Commander's already done that better more or less. It might also be easier to explain the player acquiring a motorcycle early in the game than him/her hijacking a heavily defended Vertibird.

But still - Vertibird r0x! :biggrin:

Archived