Actor limit help

popanE

Hello,

I'm in need of help with actor limit. I've encountered the issue were NPCs float away. I found 2 mods that could fix the issue, but I cannot use them as I got SSE via gamepass. One says it requires SKSE64 the other does not, but the limit is set to 75. The author says it can be altered with SSEedit but again because I got SSE via gamepass I can't do that. Any help would be awesome. I'm getting a new rig in the new year and will get skyrim via steam so I'm not faced with these issues. I've put a lot of effort into learning about mod/modding and would like to learn more.

I can't help you with the Gamepass problem, but you may find this useful for your new rig. You can raise the limit of the following mod in it's JSON file. If you are able to get past the initial problem: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32349

The file for the mod can be found in your Skyrim directory folder then Data>SKSE>Plugins>ActorLimitFix. Then just edit the number limit to your desired level, save. The file warns you what the max level is.

HI,

Thought I would give an update as FYI for anyone else that may encounter this issue. This is for gamepass players.

The mod with the 75 limit helped a little but not completely. I basically left (the 75 limit mod) it and disabled any mods that added extra NPCs to any given cell like whiterun expenasion and other whiterun mods. I manually went through my plugins looking for any type of conflicts (doesn't take to long). I've got a nice clean load order and no overlapping mods for city make overs. everything is working like a treat now. Would very much recommend to any newcomers to take the time to learn about mods, you will definitely have a far superior game experience. If your PC can handle it remember save, save and save, then "mod it till you break it".