problems with typing special characters in the console (german).

EagleFour

Hello,

problems with typing special characters in the console (german).

I cannot display certain characters in the console.
it is the umlaut of the german character set: 'ä'
the key 'ä' has no function. I have also tried all other keys, but the 'ä' is not to be found.
Therefore I can not search for objects, such as 'Dämmerwacht'.

I have uninstalled all mods as a test, but the problem persists.
I can enter the umlauts 'ü' and 'ö', only the 'ä' is missing.

I also tried to copy&paste the 'ä', but it doesn't work either. So it is more likely to be the character set and not the keyboard.

Is this due to a Windows setting (use Win 7) or is that generally not possible in skyrim SSE AE?

I also noticed that the following keys are swapped or have no function at all:

'ü' key - no function, but the 'ü' is triggered with the key to the right of it ('+' key).
'ä' key - no function
'#' key = + ('#' symbol I can not find)

'<' key - no function

All other keys work, also the 'ö' key.

Edited by EagleFour

unfortunately does not work with the Skyrim console. I can't enter any keyboard codes there via the keypad. Only the numbers appear whose keys I have pressed. The problem I also have only in Skyrim, all other programs and games, such as Fallout 4 work fine.

Nevertheless, thanks for the tip.

Strange, the ä key (and all others keys) works without issues for me in console. I have a german Win10 version with german keyboard layout (own device, not a laptop keyboard), but play the English localization of Skyirm.

I know you can set up Windows to use different keyboard layouts. I have german and english installed, but german is activated (there should be a "DEU" tag on your task bar next to the time display)

EDIT: Must be a mod in my load order. If I start vanilla Skyrim, I also have issues with some keys. I tried to narrow it down, but none of the mods I tested was the right one.

Edited by Shabdez

I have the keyboard layout in windows also set so, I have also tried to set the keyboard in win 7 to english, but that did not work either.

With you a mod seems to fix the bug. The different fonts can be configured in the fontconfig.txt.
I have set the default font for the console.

i also tried it with different fontconfigs (from dear Diary dark mod, AE-CC Books and Scribes of Scyrim), but without success.

The question is, is it the console font?
I have installed the mod jaxonz renamer and when I open a rename window with it I also have the bug that the keys do not work. With any input, no matter with mod or console these keys are blocked.

I use the german localized Skyrim AE V1.6.640

Am at a loss.

Maybe you can send me your mod list (from me also by PM. Maybe I can identify the mod).

OK, the mod that fixes that for me is my font replacer. I use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/386 (Sovngarde - A Nordic Font). You might be using one that only supports English or no replacer at all.

Unfortunately, does not work either. I have tried both versions, English and German.

Saw this mod - new today. ConsolePlusPlus - maybe it can help?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/79975

I can not enter the characters described above, but with the mod works copy&paste with these missing characters.

so far I used an autohotkey script for copy&paste. However, the missing characters could not be inserted with it.

with the mod the missing characters are inserted correctly.

But in other input windows (e.g. search or rename window) no copy&paste works. so unfortunately i still have no possibility to enter the missing character in these windows.

strange.