need reminding please

pawzseven

Yay, I found the solution to my Scrap metal shortage. Picked up a new mod Scrap metal Crafting - Turns Tin cans into scrap metal, however it felt a little unbalanced so I increased the number of cans per scrap metal. So now I can craft one scrap per 5 tin cans wooot!

*Goes off to find Tin cans*

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hee, well I'm pleased SOMEONE'S happy! I had a quick go last night and got almost to the ferry, but was stopped and killed by a Terracorp merc sergeant. I had two goes at killing him, using a machine gun the second time, but he seemed immune, and whatever he retaliated with did for me in short order. Ggrrrr..

Hahah "Terracorp" dude ? and are you seriously thinking of going to DLC places at level 1 are you mad!? Jesus, even I wouldn't go there at level 13 even with my scary big gun.

You'll need more than a SMG to take down Talon company guys and above. Remember don't be overambitious as it usually proves to be fatal. You can't expect to walk through the game like your a god now. If you're anywhere between level 1-5, many enemies will have better armor and/or weapons, you have to rely on your wits, not the caliber of your pistol.

Bullet time not helping you enough ?

please guv I wasn't lookin for no trubble - I did not expect to meet anyone that nasty at my level - me still in me nappies, so to speak..

Oh, the bullet thing - how do I use that. It slows down time, zat right? Not sure what to do to bring it up...

ps believe me, I don't do god-like walking anywhere in FO3 - more like skulking and hiding behind other people like the coward I am! I met a nice supermutant guy called Uncle Lee though, and he wants me to go back and see him... I could do with HIM on my side!

I haven't got any companions, but everynow and then, when I am quite alone, someone says 'ahem' in my ear - made me jump the first couple of times - a lady's voice it is. Any idea what that is about?

Talon - I meant Talon, why did I say Terracorp - that's X-series space game! Dopey me.

Edited by pawzseven

Hehe, you NEED bullet time, it will save your life about 100 times a day. My BT key is C can't remember what it is by default, you set that in FWE module. There are also notes on all this stuff in your Pip-boy.

Oh yeah I met that Lee guy, pleasant chap but I was gunned down shortly after and he wasn;t there when I went back, :(

That sound is YOU lol, it's a part of Primary needs, you clear your throat when you're thirsty - Your tummy rumbles when you're hungry.

ah, right, will try C when I go back in. Have fiddled around with gun-oil to cut wavering, nothing else though - like to keep to as many as the defaults as pos until I know what I am doing. Also changed a couple of settings in FWE but left all rest alone for now.

OOOHHH it's ME! I would never have figured that out in a million. Thanks surg. Laugh, I heard a sort of rumbly noise when in mini hide-out and started looking around for the dog - well, you would, wouldn't you!

Not putting MMM or DCInteriors on yet, not the right day, too many interruptions.

I'm going to go back in and try and find a way round that Talon guy..

Pfft, just shoot him, he's Talon scum and deserves no less. If I recall correctly the Talon Sergeants have some very decent armor which sell for a pretty penny. I got the suckers spawning in groups of 10-15, usually 2-3 sergeants, tough fights but the pay-off is awesome. They always carry the good stuff.

With MMM running you will usually find everything and everyone fighting TCM's, or rather the other way around, and it serves as a good distraction for you to get a few shots off before they focus you.

Oh and if you are running low on Stimpaks, try hunting some Wanamingo's - their meat is delicious.

wana- wots? new critturs! OOh, sounds interesting...

well, I got to the Citadel and had a brief exchange of words with the guards - bit snooty that lot, then I made it to the ferry, but did not go on, THEN went looking for the merc guy with bullet time available and a different gun which I had liberated - NeoGun or summat? - still got killed :sad: must try harder!. If I get good stuff I can flog it to that lot near Fairfax can't I.....

bit later on... just put MMM on... oo-er. Here | am right back at the vault door again, not one cap to my name and a 10mm pistol my only defence and on pins about what I have let meself in for.....

I met scavenger before I restarted, and she had a tame Yagi (?) following her... cool. I want one

Edited by pawzseven

Sounds like what you really need is weapon with higher accuracy and range to get in a sneak crit followed by a few mid range headshots, then maybe switch to the Neostead to finish off.

If you happen to come across a Browning automatic rifle, they are a very decent medium range weapon (what I use) ammo is expensive and rare though, especially since there is/was something wrong with the 30-06 springfield crafting. I had to go into GECK and change it to use 7.62mm rounds because of this - up until recently when I fixed the broken part of the crafting mod. But yeah, that weapon is quality.

I used the FN-P90C as my main weapon all the way up until I found a BAR (still use it in fact) along with Lincoln's repeater for sniping. I don't use shotguns at all so couldn't really recommend any specifically.

The guy near Fairfax, hmm ... The only guy that comes to mind is the scavenger fellow that owns a little shanty nearby. I think he got eaten in my game as I haven't seen him for a while.