Modding in the Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update

Pickysaurus

In response to post #118721838. #118722318, #118736613 are all replies on the same post.

LiloLila wrote: Interesting that they incoorperated bug/glitch fixing mods into the game instead of fixing the bugs themself. But to be fair why should the same work be done twice.
But it's sad that they haven't choosed to incoorperate BiA

I also wold like to know how many individual bugs they gonna fix on their own. Hope these get listed in the update log.
Gabriel424 wrote: Definitely sad that BiA didn't make it in. Now I have to choose between nicer graphics, or 5k+ bugfixes? Easy choice, making a new non-Steam game entry in my library right now. Go figure, CDPR chooses form over function and goes for the graphics update... screw that.
LiloLila wrote: true. They basically just cleaned up the facade.
Sadly I only have Steam and therefor can't downgrade later. But I have backed up a fresh installation of the entire game plus ducuments folder already. Just to be save.
I guess I will test the new stuff but depending on the mods, I might not stay on the next gen for long without BiA.

I also only have Steam, that's what I meant... after backing it up, I added it to my library (+ sign in the bottom left corner) as a non-Steam game and called it The Witcher 3: Brothers in Arms. This way I won't have to go offline to actually play; if you leave it with the default name, it'll try to update every time you start up the game while online. Easy to let an update slip in and break the game like that, I went through that nightmare with Skyrim enough tyvm.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #118744293.

moonknight1993 wrote: It's outrageous that they have incorporated Nitpickers instead of Brothers in Arms. They just looked at the most endorsed mods, which is a sign that the developers know nothing of the modding community. A shame.

At least the Wild Nudity Project didn't make it in. :P

After checking out some of the changes that Brothers in Arms authors list in their mod description, I feel that people who are disappointed by Brothers in Arms not being deployed into the base game are a 100% justified in feeling that way. It's not game over until it's game over, though.

Perhaps sending legitimate and constructive feedback towards CD Project RED is a good idea and could still change things. Let's all stay civil while we're at it.

Edited by Dravic1

In response to post #118755008.

Dravic1 wrote: After checking out some of the changes that Brothers in Arms authors list in their mod description, I feel that people who are disappointed by Brothers in Arms not being deployed into the base game are a 100% justified in feeling that way. It's not game over until it's game over, though.

Perhaps sending legitimate and constructive feedback towards CD Project RED is a good idea and could still change things. Let's all stay civil while we're at it.

Big mods like that cause more issues than solve, so there a logic reason to not include it.

I already find the fact they included FCR3 - Immersion and Gameplay Tweaks an extremely bad idea, since it changes gameplay (those types of changes should be optional).

I'm just glad I got the game on GoG, I won't be forced to update, I don't need nonsense ray tracing and any visual upgrades are entirely done by the mods listed. Edited by IKobi

In response to post #118755008. #118757398 is also a reply to the same post.

Dravic1 wrote: After checking out some of the changes that Brothers in Arms authors list in their mod description, I feel that people who are disappointed by Brothers in Arms not being deployed into the base game are a 100% justified in feeling that way. It's not game over until it's game over, though.

IKobi wrote: Big mods like that cause more issues than solve, so there a logic reason to not include it.

I already find the fact they included FCR3 - Immersion and Gameplay Tweaks an extremely bad idea, since it changes gameplay (those types of changes should be optional).

I'm just glad I got the game on GoG, I won't be forced to update, I don't need nonsense ray tracing and any visual upgrades are entirely done by the mods listed.

You could however solve these "problems" as a developer, if you revisite every single change/bugfix like BiA authors did with for example Besserwisser's and nitpicker's implementation. But I hope and assume they did this anyway with every "new" implementation (as good as time and money allowed at least).

But I totally agree with you that the pure implementation of those mods was essentially pointless.

In response to post #118721838. #118722318, #118736613, #118750988 are all replies on the same post.

LiloLila wrote: Interesting that they incoorperated bug/glitch fixing mods into the game instead of fixing the bugs themself. But to be fair why should the same work be done twice.
But it's sad that they haven't choosed to incoorperate BiA

I also wold like to know how many individual bugs they gonna fix on their own. Hope these get listed in the update log.
Gabriel424 wrote: Definitely sad that BiA didn't make it in. Now I have to choose between nicer graphics, or 5k+ bugfixes? Easy choice, making a new non-Steam game entry in my library right now. Go figure, CDPR chooses form over function and goes for the graphics update... screw that.
LiloLila wrote: true. They basically just cleaned up the facade.
Sadly I only have Steam and therefor can't downgrade later. But I have backed up a fresh installation of the entire game plus ducuments folder already. Just to be save.
I guess I will test the new stuff but depending on the mods, I might not stay on the next gen for long without BiA.
Gabriel424 wrote: I also only have Steam, that's what I meant... after backing it up, I added it to my library (+ sign in the bottom left corner) as a non-Steam game and called it The Witcher 3: Brothers in Arms. This way I won't have to go offline to actually play; if you leave it with the default name, it'll try to update every time you start up the game while online. Easy to let an update slip in and break the game like that, I went through that nightmare with Skyrim enough tyvm.

I didn't knew you can add local games to your steam library. I have to investigate this.

Can this also be used as a save point to go back to, when you screw up while modding? In that case, if you import the vanilla game, it wold be the ultimate game saver.

In response to post #118744293. #118751163 is also a reply to the same post.

moonknight1993 wrote: It's outrageous that they have incorporated Nitpickers instead of Brothers in Arms. They just looked at the most endorsed mods, which is a sign that the developers know nothing of the modding community. A shame.
Gabriel424 wrote: At least the Wild Nudity Project didn't make it in. :P

I guess the wild nudity projekt would have never made it. No matter its popularity or content.
The very opening scene where you see Yennefers naked butt is the main reason why they had to go back and add censorship/non-nude version for some countries before release. (If this scene would have come 40 hours into the game no one of the testers would have noticed/complained I guess.)