W.I.P Bunker Tileset

genovauk

This is a tileset I've been working on, Based on world war 2 bunkers (not exact)

Album link to W.I.P images (no textures yet)

I have already made a wall, door\entryway, Corner, Middle, Light, Sign for entryways.

Todo:

Inner corner for partitioning

Hallways (Narrow\wide passageways arch ceiling)

Optional extras like pillars for middle of rooms etc...

Doors

Texturing : Red brickwork for walls and concrete reinforcment pillars and ceilings, Concrete or sandy flooring.

Please comment and make any suggestions on textures details that may need to be added, also door type.

I'll have to make a new door model to fit the new model so I'm going to have to learn some basic animation.

All the tilesets are dimension wise the size of the enclave tileset widths being 128*128 and height 300.

Looks really nice so far Genovauk, looking forward to seeing your animations for the doors. Any particular reason why you're making it WWII style?

No reason just thought it would fit nicely into the fallout world, I may do other styles later on.

I'm trying to make this as versatile as possible without having too many room sections so the user can create alot of varied room shapes and configurations, I think I have about 8 so far not including the halls.

neat!

dont be afraid to do a hi-poly version that you render-to-texture (bake-from-cage) from to capture all the hipoly goodness in a normal map.

that way you can make an ultra high res copy with wiring, extra bevels, more details :)

xnormal is a free utility that does a decent job of baking hipoly-onto-lowpoly :)

or maya has 'transfer-maps' capabilities

or max has 'render-to-texture' capabilities

neat!

dont be afraid to do a hi-poly version that you render-to-texture (bake-from-cage) from to capture all the hipoly goodness in a normal map.

that way you can make an ultra high res copy with wiring, extra bevels, more details :)

xnormal is a free utility that does a decent job of baking hipoly-onto-lowpoly :)

or maya has 'transfer-maps' capabilities

or max has 'render-to-texture' capabilities

That's new to me; Render-to-texture. I am using max for these models and atm I only know how to plane model which I think is easiest for me, when it comes to everything else like animating, texturing I don't know that much about, But I have had a working basic model cube textured and working ingame just to see how easy it was and if I could actually do it.

The door that I am going to base my doors off will be something like this; link

Also just incase anyone knows, I imported the enclave door into max and it had some sort of rig or bone can't remember the exact name, It looked like a 1pixel line with crosses at the end and this controlled the movement of the door, Would I need something like this for my door?

As you can see the handle, hinges for the bolt locks and the screw threading are going to be moving for this to look any good plus the actual door opening after that, What is the best way to animate these doors for ingame as I only know atm how to set a keyframe rotate door for example and play the resulting max compiled animation.

I didn't think I would be able to do it to be honest but I'm feeling quite pleased with myself. Iv'e got the halls to do yet after I finish this door and another door to do aswell, After that I'll get on to tweaking each model to not be so straight and start adding details.

texture wise would people prefer a clean untouched version or a rusted version or would it be better to do a clean and rusted variations ?

well for your door to animate in a believable way its best to use a bone system as the enclave door does... you could of course try to do it with a simple key frame-animation but im atm unsure if animated doors need those special bones in the enclave door or not to work...