W.I.P Bunker Tileset

genovauk

well I tried the basic keyframe anims on the middle handle and exported it to check if worked in nifscope but the handle went and moved away from the door and rotated on an arc instead of just turning on the spot, So i'm thinking that bones whatever they are, are the way to go. I'll have to look it up once i'm done modelling it.

texture wise would people prefer a clean untouched version or a rusted version or would it be better to do a clean and rusted variations ?

If this is supposed to be a new WW2 style bunker then I suppose that it can appear clean. If it is supposed to be a real WW2 era bunker then yes, definitely rusty, paint flaked and dirty.

Ok an update for those who are following.

I now count the total (aprox) peices for both rooms and halls to be around 24 sections, That's how many I think will be done by the end of the week. 16 of which are completed and awaiting optimisation, detailing and texturing.

I found in the vanilla tilesets had a lack of corner entryways so that's why it bumps up to 24 from 16 as I have 2 types of entryway Room<>Hall and Room<>Room this is because of the way I modeled the blast door and how I see it working and the normal door they are both while the same base model have different jobs.

I already have an entryway sign and a base for a light fixture.

Possible extras include but may not happen yet are static pillars to put wherever, shelving, ww2 clutter, Possibly furniture.

I am hoping this will be a complete tileset with accompanying accessories.

What I am not doing is any new weapons or armor to fit the period of the bunker only static items and maybe some animated static items. Possibly some usable small items.

Also I'm going to find a free webhost to easier show progress with screens and news n such, Will update later.

dont forget to smooth your cylindrical shapes with smoothing groups, will prevent the faceted look i can see in your latest screenshot you posted up there.

Looking good though, im impressed :)

The models are currently the basic foundation models they will need smooth groups adding and I found a few more images on google as to what kinds of detail to add to the halls and such, There aren't many images though and will have to guess a few things, Most of the bunker images I found were either too destroyed to see any paint detail etc.. or had be painted over and look way too modern for what I'm after.

Hall wise they are going to be red brick all round for the most part anyway like a railway tunnel and the rooms I'm thing light grey to light brownish pillars, I was going to have the walls red bricked there too but I'm siding with the part of me that thinks a more concrete look would be better seeing as they are bunkers and suppose to have rather think walls.

Just a quick update before I finish my site :

couple of images of 99% modeled models. first one is the blast door second one is the blast door in the room doorway.

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t359/genovauk/Bunker%20Tileset%20WIP/blastdoor.jpg

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t359/genovauk/Bunker%20Tileset%20WIP/blastdoorinentrance.jpg