Female armor that actually protects

Gijgorev

Those mods look really interesting, thanks a lot! I do have some CS and NifSkope knowledge, so that won't pose a problem. If you happen to know of anything else, please let me know too!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrei -

If you are still checking in -

Bloody Nexus search engine...

Have to be exact. I said Knightly Armor - Should be Knightly Armory.

That'll get you there.

btw: You're not wrong SavageArtistry - Reading the forums has led me to many good things.

• 6 months later...

I found a pretty good site that was made by a female, so she has a few mods that specifically mention that they are made to be more discrete and not so over-the-top sexy. Some of the mods have everything from modest to overly sexy, but at least there are options for people like me. I personally haven't tried any of them out.

http://amito.freehostia.com/Oblivion/OB-mo...rt2.htm#Bab_OOO

If you find others that you like, could you post them here?

I happen to be really picky, a lot of the options looked out of place in the oblivion environment.

First of all:

you're ridiculous

second:

Dark Illusion, tona anchorite (for your wizardlys), female legion armor ( a tiny tweak to the vanilla), Nightshade, and Female Eyecandy- Warrior outfit (sexy in a completely-steel-plated way (seriously: the full armor all you see are their hands and some of their face)

third:

there are actually several of the vanillas that wouldn't actually protect; for instance: fur.the fact that many of the skimpier armors have metal on them at all gives them something over the "worthless" vanillas

there are actually several of the vanillas that wouldn't actually protect; for instance: fur.the fact that many of the skimpier armors have metal on them at all gives them something over the "worthless" vanillas

Erm, fur armor is still armor. It's the weakest armor for a reason though, but technically speaking, fur armor would be far from worthless in a real fight. Fur armor is essentially a low tech approach to padded armors. Although not very good protection wise, it's still better than cloth, and would have decent protection against lesser blunt attacks and creature hits.

As far as things that actually protect. Generally speaking, a set of armor could still be rather effective if it only consisted of a belt/girdle that protected the belly, and bracers for the arms. Although, again it wouldn't necessarily be the best protection, if it was made of metal or equally resilient material, it would still serve you better for most fights than a head to toe wool suit. Worn by someone who actually knows how to fight, it could even be more beneficial than platemail due to the range of movement allowed.

Finally... Armor has always been secondary to eyecandy in fantasy. Both for men and women... I'll save you the obligatory Newmoon reference and go for something a bit more vintage.

http://geekofalltrades.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/conan.jpg

You don't need practical armor if you can kick some serious ass. At that point, you aren't wearing the armor for protection, the armor is wearing you.

^Vagrant! LOL, I love it!

My characters prefer a wide range of choices in armor and clothing. If you're going to meet with The Countess there's no reason to dress like you're the main event at the Arena. Know what I mean?

Here are a few of my favorite full coverage outfits:

Armors of Gaia

Underworld Armor

Frostleaf Leather

Assassin Elite

Ranger Armor

Altair's Gear

Alex Scorpion's Deadly Shadows

Alex Scorpion's Sneaking Gear

Rogue Leather

There are plenty more, you just have to be a little patient and keep your eyes open. You know, there are so many things here that even if I were looking for a leather bikini I'd still have to pick through a bunch of mods to find something that suits my personal taste. You feel me?

• 2 weeks later...

How about good old steel?

I am a newbie when it comes to screenshots, but I put some up on imageshack here, so you can see how this basic armour is actually very protective - and this is the HGEC version! So not exactly 'discreet' by default, you could say. :D It is still the basic steel armour anyway, so you get the idea.

There are four without helms, and three with. These were taken at very different times, so there is a bit of variation in some ways. The armour is the reason for them though.

Hope that helps!