Getting Lag from any ENB

Vandis420

Yeah I'm very stuck right now for some reason my fps dips in the 40s regardless of even when i disable all my mods and just have the ENB running I know its not my pc cause it is pretty decent.

Using ENBoost did help but the ENB i really wanted to use was https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4743?tab=files (PRT XII - PhotoRealistic Tamriel 12.5) which uses the files for the enboost.

I tried turning off a lot of the enb settings ingame it does nothing at all instead of turning off the effects then my fps skyrockets but then again that just turning off the ENB not sure any other method at this point its been a whole day i been stuck at this.

My Specs:

RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB Video Card

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

16 GB RAM (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Intel 660p 1.02 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

Unfortunately, there's no real solution for this issue.

Some PRT "sub-presets" ARE quite taxing on system ressources. And - no offense! - your system isn't exactly "high end". Loosing 20 FPS or even more with demanding ENB presets is quite common.

I'm a bit surprised that changing ENB settings ingame doesn't help though. From my experience, there are some settings you can try:

Known "performance killers" are - among others - ENBs SSAO and particle lights settings - especially fire particles. From my experience, these settings do matter.

Besides that, make sure you don't "double-dip" with effects. If you use ENB's SSAO, turn off SSAO in your GPU driver settings and in Skyrim settings. Same goes for antialising and such: Always only use one source for an effect. Maybe you can free some FPS this way?