I want to turn the Commonwealth into Ohio

RexDarvog

Greetings, just as the title states the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is now Ohio. More specifically Boston is now Cleveland, the Glowing Sea is Akron, Salem is Sandusky, Sanctuary will be Mansfield, etc.

This idea wouldn't quite match Fallout 4's map but just renaming locations is enough to make a joke. I'd do it myself but I don't know the first thing about what's involved, and I don't think simply typing in names would work. Also, it's up to the author if they wish to put in Ohio lore where there is Boston lore, for example "Boston's Swatting sultans" can be changed to "Cleveland's Guardians" or something more catchy.

I'm uncertain if there is already a modification that allows you to rename every single location across the map, and I wouldn't have the foggiest idea on how to export and upload it on Nexus after I'm done. I'm also unaware if there are terms of service against the alteration that this idea would do to Fallout 4, although there are a few problems with changing locations in the game itself.

In particular NPC's reference Massachusetts as "the Commonwealth" but Ohio isn't a Commonwealth, or that fact that historical monuments and buildings in Mass. such as the Old North Church or the USS Constitution won't always have real and exact references in Ohio, which could break the Ohio immersion. There also could be problems with NPC's that reference locations but I believe a simple rename of the area wouldn't affect dialogue too much .

Thanks for reading and if one chooses to work on this mod idea I'd be glad to answer any Ohio questions in an untimely matter.