Warfare Enchanced

Spartan0536

First off thank you for taking your time reading this request post. AS most of you probably know i am working on an open source mod for Fallout 3 that will completely change the way the game is played and will make you want to keep playing due to he random mission generator. However I have been testing out some others mods and I have found a few that have really inspired me to add on to the game. I downloaded the Combat Enchanced Tactics mod which is VERY WELL DONE, but it seemed like something was missing, then it came to me while playing another awesome game GEARS OF WAR. By now most of you probably know where this is going so here is what I would like to see, "ROADIE RUN", im tired of the same old speed for slow run and getting shot because of it.

1. Bind a key that uses your AP at a decent rate to simulate fatigue

2. Due to the AP drain you cannot spam "Roadie Run"

3. When using "Roadie Run" you run 2.5x faster than regular run/jog

4. Just like in Gears Of War your character does a running crouch to help avoid fire

5. Enemies can use "Roadie Run" but only for 3 seconds per every 20 seconds (once player has reached level 10)

6. "Roadie Run" is a New Perk skill that is unlocked by level 10

Now in a standard firefight in Fallout 3 the enemy usually has the upper hand with the Combat Enhanced Tactics because they flank you and use bounding cover fire, now you have a chance to fight back but they also have they ability to really rush you if you stay in one spot for too long. Now the combat in Fallout 3 has become a true firefight and an adrenaline rush too boot, now you too can use military tactics and have fun kicking some @$$.

Also if some could work on a real modern military armor mod (using armor from GRAW 2 or Rainbow Six Vegas) i know about Cirras but so little has been done with it, also some Multi-Cam would be awesome for added effect (woodland multicam, desert multicam, arctic multicam).

So if anyone wants to bump this request or wants to work on it post here. Thanks again for taking your time reading this, you guys here at the Fallout 3 Nexus have been more than helpful in the past, and I look forward to giving you an epic mod when its finished.

With my knowledge of coding ( lol, not very much ), this would be possible ( look at Sprint Mod ) if you just want a really fast running animation. Maybe start off with a dynamic war holy sh*t running cam. Then go onto new animations for running. I don't think new run animations can be put into FO3 without overriding the originals. But, im not a pro coder, so it may very be possible. I was thinking of this as i play GoW2 today.

Guest deleted934561

I think that's a great idea but what about power armor?

should you be able to sprint longer seeing you have to let the armor do the work for you as they explain during the training?

and seeing I'm on the power armor trip. this has been bugging me all the way back to Fallout 1

its called power armor yet there is no way to recharge it or loose power

I figured it has a built in system to recharge but why not force you to use EC ECpacks or MFC to recharge it?

maybe even add a small shield that takes .5% of the damage from armor damage?

Guest deleted934561

O.K I don't remember seeing that or hearing that before

Just seemed odd to me that everything ran on a battery and used the hell out of them but the suits but that would explain that

Thanks for letting me know

Archived