Geck - NPC Protect Area

Artur056

Is it possible for an NPC to protect a specific area during combat? I put some NPCs into the AWOP location and it's going to be a nice shooting game :)

But, all the NPCs run to me and it's getting tight. I wish the NPC couldn't leave the room it was like a turret :)

Hi, it kind of worked. NPCs now actually don't chase me all the time and stick to the terrain they were placed in GECK. Thank you :)

I still don't know how to make a typical guard guarding a chest, for example. Or an NPC that would stand behind the cover and use it properly :)

If you want the NPC to guard a specific point (marker, item, or just a reference in general):

Create a guard package, and set the reference to guard as the chest - or set the guard’s reference to guard as their linked reference. In order to use a chest or whatever as your specified reference - you need to set it as a “persistent reference” if it’s not already one by default.

NPCs should take cover behind items by default if cover has been generated in the navmsesh menu. If cover HAS been generated, but they aren’t taking cover - make sure that the NPC’s package has “Fallout Behavior” enabled.

Thanks for the answer, I'll check if it works, but it's after the new year :smile:

Okay, I'm back!
I did as follows:
Package ---> Guard
Flags
I marked - Continue During Combat
Guard :
Reference to guard
I marked Near Reference (I chose xmarker)
Guard Radius - 0
I ticked Guard Location
I chose the same xmarker with Near Reference option
Radius 0
Contine in Combat Behavior
I don't understand it exactly, but I marked "Remain Near Reference to Guard"
Effect: The NPC actually stands in the place of the marker :) :) :) :) However, during the fight he leaves the position and tries to run to the courier. After a short distance, he finds that he is running out of range and stands still or returns to his position.
Maybe I didn't express myself too precisely, but I would like the NPC to stand still during the fight and guard a certain position (stand at the marker). Is it possible ?

Edited by Artur056