(WIP) F3M - A Total Conversion Mod To The Original Fallout

Dakcenturi

Well, now that we've gotten the site in workable order and we are getting things rolling I would like to officially announce our project to recreate the Original Fallout game in the Fallout 3 Engine.

It's an ambitious project to say the least and we have no misconceptions that it will take a great deal of work and help from the community which is why we hope that you will all become involved and provide your thoughts and suggestions about the project.

There seems to be a lot of interest out there for this type of project and we only hope that we can put together something great that the community can enjoy!

Please stop by our site. www.fallout3mod.com

There are many ways for you to keep up to date with new information as it becomes available, including RSS, email subscription, and our forums. If you have modding talents or are interested in helping out please send us a note to [email protected].

• 9 months later...

All Fallout fans,

This project is still alive and kicking. We went through some slow patches and site difficulties but we are still alive and kicking. If you haven't seen we've been doing some good work and increased our web presence a bit. Now you can keep track of our progress via multiple avenues including:

You Tube

Twitter

Facebook

ModDB

We're well on our way to getting Shady Sands completed but we still need a lot of assistance. Our priority needs are highlighted, but if you fall under any of the other positions, don't hesitate to apply!

* Programmers (We really need help in this department!!!)

* Mappers

* Texture Artists

* 2D Artists

* Modelers

* Animators

* Web Designer/Developer

* UI

* Project Management

In addition, we're looking to fill some lead positions so if you fall into any of the above categories and have the time, dedication and desire to be an area lead then let us know!

Edited by Dakcenturi

sorry to clutter the thread, but I'm just wonderin gabout the scope of the project. In addition to adding in the quests/characters/items from the original fallout, are you changing the game mechanics to better fit with the original fallout as well? (rework skills, special, etc).

sorry to clutter the thread, but I'm just wonderin gabout the scope of the project. In addition to adding in the quests/characters/items from the original fallout, are you changing the game mechanics to better fit with the original fallout as well? (rework skills, special, etc).

Yes the intention is to create a custom level/skills/traits etc system. We're currently lacking in the programming/scripting department but those are in the plans.

Will it contain the original Fallout storyline/quests etc.?

In other words, if I've never played Fallout, will this make sense to me?

Yes it will follow the original quests and storyline. We intend to re-create the original in the Fallout 3 engine. That includes original models, NPCs, areas, story, quests, etc.

• 2 weeks later...