Base Attacks

Dethraker

I'm actually surprised this hasn't been requested yet, or maybe I just haven't seen the thread for it. In the EW expansion there is 1 base attack which essentially is explained by the aliens using the psionic addon characters to boost their abilities...etc.

Is there a way to implement more base attacks, and maybe modify the defenders and/or attackers that come in. I know it picks the top few characters but it also adds in some "basic" defenders. Can these basic defenders be modified in any way? Is there different skins that could be used, maybe they are engineers or scientists: scientists have a pistol, engineers have a laser rifle.

My impression was always that the men I had to choose from were the only available "combatants" in the base. They were the base defenders as well as the ones to be sent on missions. Would be cool to have the scientists and engineers assisting in the fight.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't been requested yet, or maybe I just haven't seen the thread for it. In the EW expansion there is 1 base attack which essentially is explained by the aliens using the psionic addon characters to boost their abilities...etc.

Is there a way to implement more base attacks, and maybe modify the defenders and/or attackers that come in.

Very much along the lines I'm thinking. It's a fun idea, make it a full mechanic. You get early game tension from the alien power arms race and panic, late game tension from increasingly powerful base attacks.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1236416-mod-request-make-the-base-attack-repeat-with-increasing-difficulty-so-the-end-game-is-a-race-instead-of-a-grind/