32-bit color

Abramul

When I open the "Options" menu at the loading screen, the Resolution pulldown is blank. I tried setting it on Windowed mode, and still nothing. My Display Adapter is an "Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller", and I'm now running XP Home Edition. Does anyone know anything about this problem...and how to fix it?

NOTE: a search for 32 bit colordid not return any results.

EDIT: Error was "Render Creation Error: "Unsupported desktop resolution. Change windows resolution to "True Color (32bit)".""

Have you tried 16 and 24 bit color? Try lower resolutions like 800x600. It sounds like you have an older system with integrated graphics. It may not support high resolutions and color depth. Set up Morrowind to run at the same settings you are using in your display control panel.

Edit: The Morrowind box says you need a 32 bit capable video card. I'm not sure your graphics controller can handle 32 bit.

Try getting Philips 107G (107G1) on RADEON 8500 Family (Microsoft Corporation) Video Card, they support 32 bit, 16 bit, and 8 bit.

Yeah. I think you'll need to buy a video card if you want to play Morrowind on that computer. You should have a few free PCI slots but no AGP on that Dimension. Maybe $40 for a PCI graphics card that will work for Morrowind.

Well, this aftenoon (~4:00 EST) the problem should be solved...I bought a new mainboard and CPU. The original problem was this: My monitor was continuously recieving a 'sleep' signal, and replacing my video card did not help. We tested another monitor...nada. As far as I could tell, everything booted fine...lights and sounds were all good...but no VGA boot screen. Hopefully my new Socket 754 mainboard will fix the problem. Teh Uber, indeed!

Oh, oops...the actual problem was my that primary computer partly died. I got a rather old Dell that we had sitting around as a temporary replacement...but now I have a new CPU and mainboard, which should fix the problem with my *good* computer. Odd thing is, this craptastic box runs faster than my good one, but I think my Windows is due for a reinstall.

AMD 64BIT 2800 CPU---USD 159.00

MSI K8T Motherboard---USD 99.00

Kicking Dagoth Ur's butt at 60 frames a second---Priceless :grin:

I doubt that these'll be worse than high-end consumer in a year.

Archived