EXALT Reloaded Mod

LegionCynet

(Just a edit due to errors and have better ideas)

Welcome to my mod request.

After playing X-COM Enemy Within's EXALT missions I have to say I'm quite disappointed, After getting your MEC's and G-mods I feel that EXALT are really weak. However when they get their own G-mods and laser weapons they are more of a threat but still they have no match to your Plasma weapons or MEC's.

So I thought up an idea to make EXALT more of that shadowy type and that they turely try to seize power, and alot more determined then they are now. So here are my number of idea's that I have for the change. However I still want EXALT to keep their role as paramilitary.

1.EXALT Appearance Change: Not really a change as such just a texture as such. I still want to keep their casual business clothing, however I whuold like them to have a little more body armor then just the chest. As well I whuold like the white shirts to be black and their faces fully covered up. In short I whuold like them to look a little more Tactical.

2.EXALT New Weapons: Too make them a little more stronger I think they should have more weapons to use such as, An mix of Plasma & Laser weapons and more grenades like the needle and flash, along with their plasma ones. This is just to give them more of a flexibility and more Tactical

3.EXALT MEC Troopers: EXALT not having MEC makes it to easy once X-COM has their own. So I'm thinking they should at G-Mod level they should have their own MECs. However their MEC's should be stolen mechtiods suits. And maybe a few "Captured Drones" for repair (So in short really its just the mechtiods with an skin change and they are with EXALT. If this is possible)

4. EXALT Bigger Base: Pretty much self explanatory I whuold like their base to be much bigger with maybe labs and armory etc.

Well that's the end of my main idea that I whuold like to see done. Please feel free to share your thoughts and own ideas. However for the sake of the topic and to stop flame-wars. Please do not post on this topic if your here just to criticize people's ideas in a bad way. (Note: Any posts about this will be removed and ignored you have been warned.

Edited by LegionCynet

• 2 weeks later...

I actually came here to suggest something similar, However I feel in the over-all tactical scheme given the mechanics at our disposal Exalt should have more depth but that it be tied to what they pilfer from Xcom. There current growth rate to be standard and then be affected by Successful covert ops slowing them down, Hack attempts boosting them and possibly ( Fingers Crossed ) the ability to have them engaged in missions with aliens, specifically as a non-partisan diminishing xcoms returns based on the number of kills robbed.

As far as their appearance, I would just like more variation, maybe give them mechs, angel armor types regardless of looks. but as far as I know that isn't reasonable given the current modding ability.

Absolutely support the Plasma weapons and the expanded base, maybe work on a variation of the Assault on xcom map to spice up the EXALT base area and maybe add a few stronghold like missions. Again I don't think our current modding ability can do this, but I can't wait till we can.

1. EXALT Appearance Change: Their Armor I think should look a bit like the Black Hand Ops from Killzone: Shadow Fall Or Blackwtach Soldiers from Prototype 2. The Armor level whuold be Carapace armor. And Once they start to have their laser weapons and G-mods their armor level will be Titan Armor. ( I think EXALT whuold have hoodie type armor on covering their faces and look more like a threat)

The reason they look like they do is because they're a subversive terrorist orgnization, not an army. They're literally people who get a call to arms at the office and grab thier rifles and move out.

Having them look like tactikool rejects from Call of Duty is the complete anthysis of what they're meant to be.

2. EXALT Plasma Weapons: EXALT not upgrading to Plasma weapon seems a bit weird as they are trying to use the alien tech as their own. So i think Plasma weapons but keeping the same weapon looks, their weapons look bad-ass already. Plasma weapons are able to be drooped like any EXALT weapon. Also I think their weapons need to be a lot stronger then X-COMs.

This is utterly insane. First, more powerful? What? They're better at alien tech than the aliens? Second, the reason they don't have plasma is because they don't have the same level of access to Alien tech as XCOM. They try and stay under the radar, cooperate with the aliens (probably inexchange for meld) while avoiding open conflift with them unless it can't be avoided.

XCOM's mandate is to punch ET in the face and steal his stuff.

3. EXALT MEC Troopers: EXALT not having MEC seems to easy once the Player gets them so I think at G-Mod level they should have their own MECs, however they should I think look more like the mechtiods. As well I think EXALT should have their own stolen drones to repair their MECs like the aliens do.

Exalt's beliefs are all about guiding humanity's biological development in accordance to THEIR beliefs and world conquest.

Their focus is on genetics, thus MECs are kinda the anthysis of what they'd want.

4. Enslaved Sectiods: Not much of an idea but perhaps EXALT have been taken the aliens as slaves and using them to fight X-COM. Also along with this maybe make their HQ bigger with a labs and workshops like X-COM

Again, not confronting the aliens is one of thier things. Plus aliens tend to be conspicious. EXALT works by hiding in plain sight.

Honestly I think the problem is you don't GET exalt.

IMHO the problem is simply that they kinda copped out on the Genmods on the EXALT soldiers. They should have had more intense modificatons.

• 3 weeks later...

Childish behaviour if you have suggestions you realy should accept, that not everyone is sharing your opinion.

Of course everbody has a right to criticize each other. It is nothing personal, sama just wanted to explain ur ideas wouldnt fit with the idea of exalt.

But i also think exalt is very weak. Plasma weapons maybe wont be "logical" but it would be better for the difficulty and the gameplay.

I guess the developers thought about too, but they maybe didnt want the players to farm all the plasmaweapons instead of buying them.

I think exalt missions need to be much more tactical than "Alienhunting" missions, where you just go ahead and rape out everything you see.

The missions of exalt are just like take and hold, nothing realy special. Step by step triggers for more flexible missions would be great like you get a task like defusing a bomb but when ur finished the mission is not over yet. Instead you will get another task. These different tasks can be randomized a bit. Maybe stealing ideas of games like counter strike or call of duty or other tacitcal games is a good idea too.

If you try to save civilians from alien attacks, why not trying to rescue hostages to your skyranger. And on the way back exalt units could appear.

Childish behaviour if you have suggestions you realy should accept, that not everyone is sharing your opinion.

Of course everbody has a right to criticize each other. It is nothing personal, sama just wanted to explain ur ideas wouldnt fit with the idea of exalt.

But i also think exalt is very weak. Plasma weapons maybe wont be "logical" but it would be better for the difficulty and the gameplay.

I guess the developers thought about too, but they maybe didnt want the players to farm all the plasmaweapons instead of buying them.

I think exalt missions need to be much more tactical than "Alienhunting" missions, where you just go ahead and rape out everything you see.

The missions of exalt are just like take and hold, nothing realy special. Step by step triggers for more flexible missions would be great like you get a task like defusing a bomb but when ur finished the mission is not over yet. Instead you will get another task. These different tasks can be randomized a bit. Maybe stealing ideas of games like counter strike or call of duty or other tacitcal games is a good idea too.

If you try to save civilians from alien attacks, why not trying to rescue hostages to your skyranger. And on the way back exalt units could appear.

Sorry about that I was really tried and stressed out when I put that comment in, and yeah I agree with you there. All I whuold like is excaly what you said more Tactical.
But I really think that EXALT should have plasma weapons and MECs just to make them more of a threat.
P.S will make the change to it now.
Edited by LegionCynet